The stats prove that businesses with corporate blogs end up reaching out to a larger online audience than those who donât have such an online platform. Blogs are not a place where you post long, boring updates about your company. A blog is a platform to take those boring updates, prep those properly, and present them to interested readers.
There is no shortage of readers on the web. However, the supply of quality content is not always consistent. Thatâs why your business blog needs to be the meeting point for customers and your company. Keep the readers informed and interested, and you will find your customer base growing.
Here are some ways you can improve your business blogging skills in order to improve your reach.
- Consider your article to be a product. This is a good way of keeping your thoughts trained on the bigger picture. When do you buy a product? When it is required or if it really catches your eye.
- Do not get stuck in a rut. Just because youâre looking after a business blog doesnât mean that it has to be drab and uninteresting. Think up creative topics that can somehow be related to your business.
- Creating content instead of re-posting. Always try to use media content (images, videos, etc.) that has been created specifically for your business. This way your blog will be a storehouse of original material. The benefits are two-fold.
- Make your company look cool. This might sound like a bad thing to do, but is an essential part of business blogging. Let the authors have full creative reign to make blog interaction as informal as possible.
- Handle criticism well. The comments section of your blog is an important platform where your readers/customers will provide their feedback, all of which will not always be good. Thatâs why you need to be quick and smart in the way you respond.
- The importance of sharing. If your business has a blog, then you must be having social media profiles as well as a website. Donât forget to share your blog URL as a status update or tweet about the latest post.
- Only the best should go up. If you have a team of writers creating unique content for your blog, then make sure reviews are strict and edits are taken care of by the best. This way your business blog has only the best on it.
Choose a blog template depending on the kind of business you are blogging about. This way you wonât end up with something that is over-the-top. The right platform (Blogger, Tumblr, WordPress, etc.) is also important.
The six handy tips mentioned above should work well for rookie or experienced business bloggers. Sometimes, continuous blogging about products and services can become a little monotonous, but you need to spice things up every now and then.
This is a guest post by Ethan Millers of bw9.com, a site that offers savings and current information on the best comcast cable and comcast internet plans, as well as other Comcast.com services.
This blog is listed under Digital Media & Games Community