Develop something new is the only way to raise AppStore ranking without invest tons of dollars in advertising. Take a look at "We Step" on AppStore: this is an example of what you can create starting from this course.
What's the course about and how is it structured? In this course we will develop together a fitness Widget for iOS 8 with a step by step approach. We explain what you need in order to release a Widget : not only the Widget but also the Containing App. The course covers :
- explanation of interactions among Widget, Containing App and Host Application
- development of the Containing App
- development of the Widget
- management of App identifiers and provisiong profiles created by Xcode
- management and development of shared resources (App groups) between the Containing App and the Widget
- management and development of shared code (embedded framework) between the Containing App and the widget
- development of functions to retrieve informations from Core Motion Framework
- development of code for persisting data into the device
- test and debug of the Containing App and the Widget
- release the Containing App and the Widget on the Apple Store
The course consists of :
- video lectures
- a complete xCode 6 project with all code shown during lectures (see download in lecture1)
- quizzes to summarize and re-enforce the key points covered
This course can be completed in a couple of hours. Why to follow this course?
I think that it's very difficult for a developer to be noticed on the AppStore with more than 1 million of Apps BUT
with ios 8 Apple has given to developers a real opportunity to customize devices. Apple has introduced new amazing features like extensions. There are different types of extensions:
- shared extensions for posting to a website
- action extensions for manipulating content within the context of an other App
- custom keyboards to allow users to have custom keyboards in all Apps
- photo editing extensions for manipulating photo or video within the Photo App
- storage provider extensions for choosing a document from documents the current App can access
- Widgets : we will focus on this type of extension. A Widget lets you extend functionality of your App and make it available directly from Notification Center without unlocking the device.
I think that developing a Widget you will have the chance to be on millions of devices. So don't miss this unrepeatable opportunity. Who can follow this course ?
Anyone with basic knowledge of programming can follow this course.