What does it take to become a full stack web developer? Well, you need to know: server side coding, database design, HTML, CSS, algorithm development, file manipulation, routing, API integration, and the list goes on and on. Trying to learn each of these topics individually can feel overwhelming and finding out how they are all connected cause most developers to quit before they even start. It’s for these reasons why I wanted to create a unique course that will walk you step by step through every skill you will need to become a full stack web developer, and I do it by showing you how to build an actual production application. Starting completely from scratch I explain how to setup your environment, create the application, build in advanced features and finally deploy to the web! Some of the key skills you will learn in the course are:
- Rails scaffold generators
- How to use git repositories
- Building custom file uploaders and downloaders
- Database modeling and query generation
- Creating and handling form data for input into the database
- Setting up secure user logins
- Building a search engine for the app
- HTML and CSS customization
- How to use the Rails console
- How to deploy the application to a live website
- How the Model - View - Controller (MVC) framework works in action
- Object oriented programming (OOP)
- And much more!
Each video in the course has a link where you can access the code that was created for that specific stage in the course, making it easy to follow along. After completing the course you will earn a certificate of completion for Comprehensive Ruby on Rails development
and you will be ready to start building your own applications.