C# 2012 Fundamentals LiveLessons presents Paul Deitel's signature "Live Code" treatment of Microsoft's C# 2012 programming language. Every important C# concept is presented in the context of a complete, working C# 2012 program. This four-part LiveLesson contains over 20,000 lines of fully tested C# program code. And developers are free to reuse all of it. Among the key topics included in this LiveLesson are:
• Windows 8 UI: Windows 8 UI style apps are called Windows Store apps. In Lesson 25, Deitel shows how to create and test Windows Store apps and upload them to Microsofts Windows Store.
• Databases and LINQ to Entities: The LINQ to SQL technology covered in the previous edition has been replaced with the more robust LINQ to Entities and the ADO.NET Entity Framework;
• Microsofts free SQL Server Express 2012 is used to present the fundamentals of database programming;
• ASP.NET 4.5, Microsofts .NET server-side technology, enables developers to create robust, scalable web-based apps;
• Windows Phone 8, Microsofts latest operating system for smartphones. It features multi-touch support for touchpads and touchscreen devices, enhanced security features and more. In Lesson 27 the author builds a complete working Windows Phone 8 app and test it in the Windows Phone simulator;
• Windows Azure, Microsoft's cloud computing platform that allows you to develop, manage and distribute apps in the cloud. Lesson 31 shows how to build a Windows Azure app;
Asynchronous programming with async and await. Asynchronous programming is simplified in Visual C# 2012 with the new async and await capabilities.