“Michael's passion and enthusiasm for Agile practices is evident both in the way that he presents his material and the subject matter itself.” - Jamie Phillips, Consulting Software Engineer, Picis
Are you a Scrum Master? Are you not sure how to facilitate the key Scrum meetings? Do you want to learn how to collaborate with managers? Do you want to learn how to communicate through conflict? Then this course is for you!This course is the fastest path you can take to 'level up' your Scrum Master skills.
This course is for people who have taken a one to three day course on Scrum (or have equivalent experience) and want to ‘raise the bar’ on their skills. Introductory Scrum courses tell you ‘what’ you need to do but not ‘how’ to do it. This course shows you, through detailed examples and checklists, ‘how’ to be a Scrum Master.In this course, you will learn:
You will get tools and checklists that take the STRESS out of being a Scrum Master.
- The mindset of successful Scrum Masters. You will learn how your mindset influences your actions and how to construct an effective mindset.
- How to create your daily, weekly, and monthly rhythms. What do you need to do every day as a Scrum Master? What do you need to do every week and every month?
- The ABC technique: How to build relationships with key people in your organization to increase the success of your Scrum teams.
- EXACTLY how to facilitate the planning, review, and retrospective meetings. When you become an effective facilitator, you will radically improve your team’s cohesion and velocity.
- A way to communicate through conflict. Learn how to break down every difficult conversation into four steps.
- How to collaborate with managers on Scrum. You will learn what managers care about and how they think about Scrum. You will learn how to set up and launch an Enterprise Agile Team.
- The characteristics of a servant leader and how to increase your ability to serve the team.
In addition to the course material, you will receive two one-on-one 25 minute coaching sessions
with me. I will share with you what I’ve learned training and consulting at Carbonite, edX, Paypal, Symantec, Philips, Verizon, and a dozen other companies. You will also be invited to a group monthly coaching call. In addition, you’ll be able to ask questions at any time using the questions area of the course. This is like having a PERSONAL TUTOR as you ‘level up’ your Scrum Master skills.Who am I? I am the co-author of Professional Scrum with Team Foundation Server, author of “Your Brain on Scrum” (http://www.infoq.com/articles/brain-scrum-maza), former VP of Corporate Strategy at Softricity, founder of Inquira (acquired by Oracle), and a PhD in Computer Science from MIT.I am here to pump you up as you deepen your understanding of Scrum and improve your Scrum Master skills!The course is designed to be taken over eight weeks. If you follow this plan, you will spend approximately half an hour per day on the course. The first one or two days of every week will focus on videos and during the remainder of the week you will be doing assignments.Warning: This course is HARD. I like to say, “Practice in proportion to your aspirations.
” If you are ready to sweat blood to become a better Scrum Master, I invite you to look at Section 3 of the course to see if this course is a good fit for you
.If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617 575 9707.