This course takes you step-by-step through the process of adding a shopping cart to your WordPress website and collecting money for your products or services. We start by reviewing the most common shopping cart systems used on WordPress websites. We explore when you should choose a WordPress shopping cart plugin (such as WooCommerce) and when you would choose another type of cart (such as, a hosted cart solution). Then we discuss various WordPress cart plugins, leading up to a thorough review and demonstration of the recommended solution, WooCommerce. Then we teach you all the basics in the WooCommerce Quick Start Section: shop page layouts and shortcodes, adding products and images, the checkout process for digital downloads and shippable products, PayPal configuration, and more. We also discuss the themes that will work best. This is the fastest-start WordPress eCommerce course on the web. Why? Because:
- We only show you what you need to know. WooCommerce leads the other WordPress shopping carts by a wide margin. There is rarely any need to choose another WordPress shopping cart plugin (except for simple PayPal sites, which we cover as well). So why waste your time?
- The videos are quite comprehensive -- for instance we show you the exact steps to take to configure PayPal to properly accept your digital download orders.
- Our professionally-produced videos get to the point. We will save you hours of research and trial & error.
This free short course is part of the full course WordPress eCommerce with WooCommerce
which covers advanced topics as well (see below). It is one of WP Academy's most recent and best courses. We hope you enjoy it. It is part of a larger effort called the WordPress Business Encyclopedia, which is a complete web technology training system, currently in development until July 2014. Please visit us on the web, check out the free resources including the WordPress Business Toolkit, and then donate to our project. Here is the full content list: Section 1: Introduction to WordPress Shopping Carts
Section 2: WooCommerce Quick Start
- Choosing a WordPress Shopping Cart Plugin
Section 3: WooCommerce Reference (Paid Course only)
- WooCommerce Review Part 1
- WooCommerce Review Part 2: Popular Extensions; MarketPress & Shopp comparison; Total cost of ownership
- Installing WooCommerce, WooCommerce Pages
- Products, Product Categories & Images
- WooCommerce Settings & Shop Page Layouts
- Shop Page Shortcodes & WooCommerce Widgets
- Checkout Process; PayPal Payment Gateway
- Digital Downloads
- Flat-Rate Shipping
- WooThemes or Other Theme?
These topics are covered in the Full WooCommerce Course: Types of Products, Upsells & Cross-sells, Grouped Products, Product Attributes & Variations; Layered Nav Widgets, Advanced Shipping, Shipping Classes, Bulk Product Editing, Taxes & Tax Classes, Coupons, Order Management & Reporting, Inventory Management,Product Reviews, WooCommerce User Roles Section 4: WooCommerce Styling & Programming (Paid Course only)
These topics are covered in the Full WooCommerce Course: Email Template Customization, WooCommerce Programming Basics: Hooks, Actions, Filters, WooCommerce CSS Styling, Theme Compatibility