Computer forensics enables the systematic and careful identification of evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases. This may range from tracing the tracks of a hacker through a client's systems, to tracing the originator of defamatory emails, to recovering signs of fraud.
This exciting course provides the student with the framework to understand cyber investigations and the necessary skills to identify an intruder's footprints and to properly gather the necessary evidence to prosecute.
Many of today's top tools of the forensic trade will be explored and presented to the student. The need for businesses to become more efficient and integrated with one another, as well as the home user, has given way to a new type of criminal, the "cyber-criminal." It is no longer a matter of "will your organization be comprised (hacked)?" but, rather, "when?" Today's battles between corporations, governments, and countries are no longer fought only in the typical arenas of boardrooms or battlefields using physical force. Now the battlefield starts in the technical realm, which ties into most every facet of modern day life. If you or your organization requires the knowledge or skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cyber-criminal , then this is the course for you. Topics Covered: Introduction to Cyber Investigations Technical Fundamentals
- IP Addresses
- Uniform Resource Locators
- Metadata and Logs
- E-Mail Headers
- Browser Evidence
- Ecommerce Investigations
- Social Network Intelligence
Email System Basics
- Email Crimes
- Email Headers
- Steps to Investigate
- Email Forensics Tools
- Laws and Acts against Email Crimes
- Authority to Search, Gather Records and Intercept Communications
- Prosecution of Cyber Crime
Special Aspects of Cyber Case Management
- On-Scene and Online Evidence Collection
- Covert Online Investigations
Subjects of Cyber Investigations
- Motivations for Cyber Crime
What is included?
- Military, Corporate and International Subjects
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What You Receive:
- Participant Guidebook – This manual is filled with examples and exercises that continue to enhance the learning process after the workshop is over.
Continuing Education Credits:
Now you or your employees can experience the benefits of the McAfee Institutes training, no matter where you are located. The McAfee Institute® webinars are more than an online training session; they are a world-changing experience. Our webinar workshops put the most sought after instruction of McAfee Institute® in-person training into convenient online workshops. They are both interactive and engaging, this workshop offers persuasive content and award-winning speakers and is no available in a full day live online sessions broken up into three 90 minute sessions.