Learn big data analytics directly in Excel 2010 or 2013. Power Pivot is free Excel add-in developed by Microsoft. It is designed to deal with large complex data sets. No programming required! Always working on real examples - the course is specifically based on real world use cases. No long slides, but rather hands on examples. All material used in lectures is available for download. Students are highly encouraged to experiment with data themselves. Comprehensive assignments will be available after each section. These will let you check newly acquired knowledge in practice. At any time I will be available to answer questions or simply discuss some interesting topic. At the end of the course you will feel comfortable in multiple areas:
- Working with large datasets
- Combine data from totally different data sources much more effectively
- Best practices on working with pivot tables and pivot charts
- Creating interactive dashboards to answer business questions
- Better understanding how databases are designed
Taking into account exercises and assignment, course could be completed in a ~4 days 2-3 hours per day. Let's get ready for era of big data.