Welcome to this course on "Learn How To Use GitHub Pages For Hosting a Static Website". Hosting a website on a Web Server like a Linux or a Windows Server can be very expensive in the first place, that's where this course comes to the rescue. Have no fear, this course will give you a step-by-step guidance on How to Host a Static Website at no cost i.e. Totally Free. Did you know that you can host a Static Website on GitHub Pages for free. Now, before even having a second thought on having a website online or getting into the Basics of GitHub Pages, Let's read a few benefits of having a website online. Did you know the Benefits of having a website online :
- Having a Website is Far Cheaper than Advertising.
- Promotes your Business 24*7 and 365 Days
- Adds Value to everything (Customers, Services, Products)
- Improves Credibility
- Brings Growth Opportunity
- Inexpensive way to provide information about your Business to your Customers.
- A Website makes it easy for people to refer new customers to you.
- A Website is a powerful sales tool.
Now, Let's talk about GitHub Pages and why would you want to use it for hosting your static websites online. GitHub Pages are public webpages freely hosted and easily published through the GitHub website. You can create and publish them online using the Automatic Page Generator. If you prefer to work locally, you can use the GitHub for Mac and Windows apps. In this course you'll learn how to host a static website using GitHub Pages at no cost. You'll need to purchase your own Domain Name which costs around $10 to $12 yearly that's it. A lot of people who are scared to get their First Website online now can have their website online right away using GitHub Pages. In this course you'll learn the following things:
Note : Course is about GitHub Pages only and not about Designing Websites. This course only covers the Hosting part and not Designing.
- Getting Started with GitHub
- How to create Repositories and Organizations
- How to use GitHub Pages
- Types of GitHub Pages
- How to use the Git Extensions Software
- How to Host Static Websites using GitHub Pages
Thank You Abhishek Luv Happy Learning!