Facing iTunes Error 29 when using iPhone, iPod, iPad and looking for a solution to fix it like me ? As an iOS users, I often encounter a iTunes error 29 - when some hardware component on the phone’s mainboard is changed, or maybe even the battery. The slight change of electron flow pattern would trigger the error message within Apple’s system. It really makes me feel fret.
Let's go through following article to learn why we got the error 29 message in iTunes and how to fix this iTunes error 29.
Why you got the error 29 message in iTunes:
- The iPhone, iPad, iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred 29
- iPhone, iPad, iPod stuck in recovery mode because of the iTunes error 29
- iPhone, iPad, iPod can't be restored because of the iTunes Error 29
How To fix iTunes error 29:
Solution One: replace battery
1. Problem with the Battery: - Just wondering have you changed the iPhone, iPad, iPod battery recently? If yes, this can be resulted in iTunes error 29. To fix the error 29 in iTunes, you need replace your iPhone/iPad/iPod battery with the original one, and then start the restore / update process again via iTunes.
Solution Two: update the antivirus
2. Problem with the Antivirus: - If your antivirus is not updated, various errors may occur, and error 29 is one of them. If you have updated it, and the error is still there, disable the software completely, and try to update or restore your device.
Solution There: upgrade iTunes and restart the computer
3. Problem with iTunes - Software update or factory reset using iTunes requires the latest iTunes software installed on a computer. An older iTunes may fail to recognize the newer hardware characteristics and produce a false error 29 message. Open the program, and check for updates.
Solution Four: update Windows or OS X
4. Older OS could arise a conflict between platforms, so miscommunication may occur between iTunes and iPhone, iPad, iPod interface causing iTunes error 29. To avoid this trouble, keep your Windows or Mac OS X up to date.
Solution Five: factory reset iPhone
5 . If If you have tried out above solutions, but still can not get this error 29 fixed, erasing all the contents and settings stored on an iPhone, iPad or iPod would work like a charm. Since factory reset deletes everything from an iPhone and makes it fresh like new again, it’s wise to back up everything. Then Settings > General > Reset and approve.
Solution Six: use iTunes Alternative Tool ---- Syncios Mobile Phone Manager
iTunes could be a little bit irritated when backup and restoring iPhone, iPad, iPod data. Fortunately, there is an third-party tool Syncios Mobile Phone Manager that makes iphone backup and restore much easier, which lets you transfer music, videos, photos, contacts, messages, apps, etc between iPhone/iPad/iPod and computer within one click. With Syncios, you can backup & restore everything on your iPhone easily whenever you need, manage iTunes library, playlist, make ringtone, download Youtube video to iOS devices freely.
- Support OS: Mac OS X; Windows
- Price: Free
This blog is listed under Digital Media & Games Community