- I have the latest version iTunes (v 188.8.131.52) installed on my computer (Windows 8.1) - iTunes seems to work ok, but when I plug the iPhone in (iOS 9.2) it doesn't appear and be recognised. The Explore do recognize the phone and I can copy photos from it, but iTunes doesn't react to it and fail to detect my iPhone.
iTunes Connecting Issue
- iTunes won't detect and recognize my iPhone/iPad/iPod.
- How to fix iOS device failed to connect with iTunes.
- My computer recognizes iPhone 6s but iTunes doesn't react.
- What to do if iTunes doesn't show iPhoneiPhone/iPad/iPod content.
The iTunes detection problem could be one of the most commom issues for every iTunes users. Once your iPhone, iPad or iPod won't connect to iTunes on your PC, make sure you have:
1. Installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer, if not, please go here to download.
2. Clicked " Trust this computer" on your iDevice.
3. Turned on iTunes related services : "Apple Mobile Device" and "Bonjour Service".
4. Check the USB cable.
5. Restart your computer and iPhone/iPod/iPad.
6. Verified that Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed.
How to install Apple Mobile Device USB Driver?
1. Connect your device to the computer. Quit iTunes if it opens.
2. Right-click Computer, and choose Manage as picture showed below:
3. The Computer Manager would be launched, on the left panel, choose Device Manager. Then expand Uiversal Serial Bus controllers; locate theApple Mobile Device USB Driver.
- If this entry is displayed without a down arrow, "!" or "?" symbols over it, then this driver is successfully installed.
- If you see a down arrow next to the device's entry, then this device is disabled. To enable this device, right-click it and choose Enable from the shortcut menu.
- If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver entry is listed, but has a "!" or "?" over it, reinstall the Apple Mobile Device Driver. Go next step 4 >>
- If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed, go step 4 >>
4. To install or reinstall Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, Under the Other devices, double click Uiversal Serial Bus(USB) controller.
5. On the pop-out window, simply choose the second one Browse my computer for driver software.
6. The path should be: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers (if your had changed your iTunes installing path, please follow your own path.) For 64 bit users, please kindly note that it should be in Program Files folder, not the 'Program Files(x86)'.
7. Unplug your iOS device, then reconnect it using USB cable. Now, open your iTunes and you will see your iPhone,iPad or iPod is being recognized by iTunes.
How to get rid of iTunes while managing iPhone/iPad/iPod?
Syncios Mobile Manager helps you manage, backup, edit, delete and transfer your iPhone/iPad/iPod or Android data on computer easily without using iTunes.
- Support to transfer, backup up to 12 types of iOS & Android mobile data: Music, videos, photos, apps, ebooks, contacts, messages and more.
- Download videos from 100+ video sharing sites up to 4K HD video quality to mobile device.
- Handy toolkit: Audio converter, video converter, ringtone maker, iCloud photo downloader, etc.