on 20 August 18
We all have been into the situation when we see our mailboxes cluttered with undesirable emails, newsletters as well as subscriptions that we have never subscribed for. This is a situation when we feel helpless and pity for our own selves. The situation is more appealing to those who are themselves the email newsletter service providers and unknowingly creating the same effect for their readers.
If you have come across this write-up, there are fair chances that you can easily correct the mistake that you have been doing all these years without actually noticing them as errors. You can correct the flaws without getting into the notice of your clients that is the best thing to maintain the readership of your emails while improving the level of services towards the clients.
Here is an explanation on the mistakes that email readers probably hate and the ways to correct them as well.
• Receiving unsubscribed email
No one, not even your readers would like to receive the emails they have never added to their mail list. This is more of a surprise to them to encounter such an email in their inbox. The readers’ mailbox must be added as a place that can only be invaded with the consent of the readers.
To help the receiver identify the sender with ease, make sure you are opting for the following instructions.
- A from name with the senders’ address written clearly so that audiences may recognize. This can additionally be stuffed with a brand name.
- Write your name and email address with the SAME name so that users can easily recognize you.
- Include a permission reminder for users and tell them clearly why they are receiving the mails.
- Branding is important - do not forget to use your LOGO
- Ask for the receivers’ permission as it will amplify your credibility
♦ Finding it difficult to read email on the smartphones
Smartphones have overgrown as devices that are not only used to talk but more like the gadgets that fulfill every possible wish of today’s internet savvy users. Thus, it is the most important for you as a service provider to offer an optimal viewing experience to the users. As the use of such devices is increasing for reading newsletters as well as emails; thus, service providers must follow these points.
These key factors can make great differences!
- Use of single column template for the email as it will make the content more flexible for all screen sizes.
- Fewer images in the email as only key images are important to be included
- It’s a no for embedding text in images as keeping the elements separate is a wise move
- Keep the email short as users are going to devote a few seconds to read the mail
♦ The time when it gets really hard to find senders’ contact details
Suppose, the users like the services and are keen to get the product delivered but they are finding it really hard to find out any contact details. The users are surely not going to like this approach and it may also result in their opting out of the services. Thus, ensure the details have been incorporated well in the email. For the same, include;
- All the contact details with alternate numbers if there are any
- The email address of the company so that users may contact the service provider in case it is required
- Ensure all the details right from the contact number to the email address have been provided clearly
- Additionally, be clear on the norms of the website
♦ Mistakes in the email
In a case the subscribers have opted for your services, they won’t like coming across the flaws in the emails. In case they encounter one, it is going to affect the service providers’ professional image. Readers have a lower tolerance when it comes to reading on any spelling mistake. In addition to this, it also creates an impression that the service providers do not pay attention to the details. Therefore;
- Proofread the emails once or twice prior to sending them to the subscribers
- Ensure that you are not compromising on the quality of the mails and thus, maintain the fluency with the right words in the email
- Run a spell check to ensure no flaws are there in the proofread document
♦ Not finding the content worth reading
Readers subscribe to the emails as they wish to figure out more on what’s your take on a certain trend. Thus, they are wishing to hear from you and you cannot just ruin their hopes with a bad content. Whether you are telling about new offers, useful tips, or the insight from the expert, be specific and engaging while developing the content. For the same ensure:
- Involvement of readers as much as possible in your content with the words you & yours
- The subscribers have signed up to read a great piece of content; thus, be engaging with the write-up
- Somewhere in the middle of the content ask the readers if they are getting what they have subscribed for and add a link for the survey that users might react upon.
Sending emails has always been preferred by service providers for establishing the right contact with the readers. The readers, on the other hand, subscribe for the offers to read and know the current happening in the related industry. Thus, it is advised to be specific, as well as professional in the approach of adding on to the current email readership.
This blog is listed under E-Commerce Community