When you choose a dedicated server, the resources of that server such as disk space, processing power, memory and bandwidth are used exclusively by the client enterprise that rents it. In other words, when you opt for dedicated hosting, you do not have to share your resources with any other sites sharing the same server. This allows you to enjoy a high network uptime, better security, higher reliability and scalability, and excellent technical support. Businesses that engage in online financial transactions will find a dedicated server suitable as it ensures that you can handle huge volumes of web traffic seamlessly.
What benefits can a dedicated server offer you business?
- When you choose dedicated hosting, you do not have to share resources like bandwidth or disk space with your neighbors. This means that the chances of other users exhausting your server resources for their own interests are negligible.
- When you choose a dedicated server, you can enjoy high network uptime; the top dedicated server in India will ensure that you get a 99.9% uptime so that your site functions optimally even when there are sudden traffic spikes.
- Choosing a dedicated server also ensures that you do not have to share server space with malicious websites. This is because when you have malicious or spam websites as your neighbours; your site may get blacklisted affecting your rankings in search engines.
- Dedicated hosting ensures that you enjoy enhanced security; dedicated web hosting service providers will implement stringent and robust security measures to make sure there are no security breaches and no third party can access critical data. This is especially useful for businesses which are handling sensitive and confidential data and transaction across the SSL or FTP.
- A dedicated server is not only reliable but it is also highly scalable and the user enjoys root access to it; this allows him to tweak the server settings to suit his business interests. Users can install applications, scripts and software of their choice on a dedicated server.
- With dedicated hosting, you will also get a unique IP address. This implies that you do not have to share this IP address with others. Unlike in dedicated hosting, in shared hosting, you run the risk of getting blacklisted if any of the neighbors sharing the same IP address is found out to be a spam website. The unique IP address is particularly significant for companies engaging in online transactions.
- When you choose dedicated server hosting, you do not have to pay for buying or maintaining servers. If you opt for managed hosting, the responsibilities of monitoring the server and resolving server-related problems rest entirely with the web host. However, if you choose unmanaged hosting, you can save on your hosting plans but your in-house IT staff will be responsible for troubleshooting server issues. So, unless you have a seasoned and capable IT team to support you, it is always better to choose fully managed dedicated hosting plans.