on 08 March 18
Live chat is said to differ from the normal chat. It is a text based means of communication that takes place between a chat provider and a customer. It is similar to the instant messaging one might do over platforms like MSN and Yahoo. The only difference is live chat support takes place for online business matters whereas chats on social media sites or on other platforms take place usually for leisurely matters.
From the businessâs point of view, online chat support gives chat providers the opportunity to communicate with potential customers visiting their website offering a one-on-one assistance. A live chat option is usually in the form of a button placed in the contact section of the website that is used for initiating a chat between the customer and a chat operator.
For online businesses, live chat software is a tactic used to reduce the virtual shopping cart abandonment that according to a recent study averages to 59.8%. Live chatâs main purpose is to extend business communication opportunities in such a way that maximizes the customerâs overall satisfaction with his online shopping experience.
According to a research conducted by a group of chat providing services states that online shoppers who use live chat are 20% more likely to make their purchase online as opposed to those customers who opt not to use live chat support. The reason for this is the fact that live chat support has the ability to offer virtual services to the customer while he is shopping or browsing through the site.
Giving your customers the best possible customer service experience should be the main aim of online companies. The reason for doing so is if the customer is content and satisfied it will maximize the sales volume for the company; hence, a generation of a strong income to go on the balance sheet.
Live support chat software can offer the following advantages:
- It offers an alternative and instant way of connecting to customers channeled to your website.
- Interactions can be made between the chat provider and the potential customer during the sale.
- Real time communication can be given to the customers that further adds to a better level of customer care support.
- It creates a powerful merchandising tool that is based on the interactions of customers for new product development opportunities.
- Shopping cart abandonment is reduced by allowing the chat providers to intervene when they believe a shopper is stuck but browsing through the site and is interested in purchasing.
- Assistance can be given in the language of the customer that makes the customer more comfortable in sharing his concerns or queries and further develops a trust in the company.