Smartphones and tablets have changed the design approach and user experience. Smartphone and tablet adoption rapidly increases, it is now essential that your business website is mobile friendly. You have to care about whether the website that you have designed view in well manner on all the devices. To achieve this job, you need to provide an unfettered browsing experience on all the devices of different sizes. If you want to check that your website is viewing well on mobile and tablet, then can go for a simple test.
Test 1: You can check by using Google tool to analyze a web page has a mobile-friendly design or not and gives optimization recommendations. Visit below given URL for this.
Test 2: Login to your Google Analytics account and then move down to ‘Audience’ > ‘Mobile’ > ‘Overview’ and there you will find the statistics of your website.
This graph will show you the bounce rate of users who leave your website due to not for mobile or tablet devices.
What Is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive Web Design allows a website so the content, images, and site structure provide an optimal, seamless viewing experience across a wide variety of devices such as desktop to tablet to smartphone. The website automatically reformats to give the user a better experience that it well suited to their device. If someone opens your website on a smartphone or tablet will be shown the same site as the person opening it on their desktop or laptop but the site will have noticed the constraints and automatically reformatted to give the user an experience better suited to their device. Non-responsive websites are not easy to navigate and do not create a good user experience.
Importance of Responsive Web Design
Responsive website design supports various multiple screen sizes and multiple screen resolutions. There is the following importance of responsive web design:
- Mobile usage is Increasing: In most western countries 50-60% of searches is conducted on a mobile device now, with that number rising every year. If your website is not mobile friendly, then more than half of your site visitors could be having a poor experience with your website and your brand. In fact, every month mobile usage continues to grow, so every month more and more prospects and customers will view your website from a mobile device.
- Cost and Time Saving: Website designers do not need to develop multiple versions of a website now. Only one website that able to view on all devices and that significantly cuts down the cost. To have a single website that is responsive means less effort, less expense and less time spent.
- Flexible websites: The websites that are created by using this technology are flexible which fit multiple screen sizes and can be viewed on all devices in right manner.
- Awesome User Experience: A responsive website ensures better user experience. It is important that this user has the same browsing experience on different devices and it is only done by a responsive design.
- Google Prefers Responsive Design: Google now uses mobile friendliness as a ranking signal in search results. In other words, Google passes ranking signal that are fully optimized for mobile platforms.
- Easy to Manage: Having a separate desktop and mobile site requires having separate SEO campaigns. Two separate websites means your team has to do everything twice — from routine site maintenance to running SEO campaigns.
- Social Media Increases Mobile Visitors: Over 55% of social media sites like, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or Google Plus consumption now happens on mobile devices. This means that when links to your website are shared via social media, people will be viewing your website from mobile devices.
- Improve Conversion Rates: If Google ranks your site on page one, and your site provides a great user experience, more users will prefer to buy from your site, increasing your conversion rates, and eventually your business profits. According to Google, if your mobile site is difficult to navigate, there’s a 61% chance visitors will leave. However, if users have a positive interaction with your mobile site, they are 67% more likely to convert.
- Future Scalability: As mobile users will continue increase, more and more people will begin accessing the internet through tablets, iPods and Smartphone’s, laptops and Blackberry’s. It is highly recommended to have responsive websites that allow greater access and visibility of your site across all platforms. It’s a safe bet it will for considerable time to come.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community