Nowadays printers consume more ink than before. This happens mainly due to their increased complexity but also due to the additional features they provide. Such thing is especially true when it comes to printing pictures or web drawings, since their details draw in a lot of color ink. It is thought that after replacing printer cartridges only five times we spend more than the initial cost of the printer. You can even find original cartridges that cost almost as much as the printer!
Since ink cartridges are so expensive, we want to offer you some help in reducing the amount of ink per print. Following the recommendations below you can make any printer cartridge last longer and thus reduce the long-term costs:
- When printing black and white documents make sure you use only the black cartridge. Many users are not informed that when printing black texts with a color cartridge, the printer will mix different colors to create black. This type of printing consumes the toner much faster than if a separate black cartridge would be used exclusively.
- When you print a drawing or work document make sure that the printer is set on DRAFT mode. This print mode has the lowest resolution and will use considerably less printer ink at a time. Just remember to change the print mode back after the final document has been delivered.
- You can also print recipes, receipts and invoices in draft mode. However, make sure that they are printed clearly so you'll be able to decipher the amounts later on!
- There are many situations when you do not need to print the entire document or page. For example, when you print recipes from a website you'll notice that the last page often contains its address, current date, and other information you don't specifically need. If you only print half the document every time, than you'll obviously manage to double the life of your cartridge. Also, you will save a considerable amount of ink by not printing images. All you have to do is select the list you want to print, right-click on it and then click on "Print" - simple as ABC!
- Original cartridges are recommended due to their highest build quality. However, if you don't want to spend a fortune on them, than you can also orient yourself toward compatible or remanufactured cartridges which can be bought online. All manufacturers tell us that they can ruin printers yet this happens very rarely. Furthermore, some of them even allow you to print more than with an original cartridge.
- When you choose a printer, carefully consult the catalog price for its cartridges. A little precaution never hurts!
These are the most important tips that you have to take into account when seeking to get more out of your cartridges. Keep in mind that best printer settings should be used sparingly if you want to do savings. Furthermore, take into account that there are more than one type of cartridges on the market, and some of them will allow you to do great savings on the long run. Just make sure to shop from a reputable provider like Ink Station or Ink Club and everything should be alright.