on 12 January 20
Thanks to the creation of the internet it is now easier for small businesses to compete with larger retail brands.
The way that these small businesses are able to compete with larger retail brands is being exposed to a much larger and wider range of customers and clients with the help from seo for small businesses.
How is this possible?
When any website is created for the first time it is immediately sent to the bottom of its category within Google’s search rankings. Because of this small businesses now have a chance to create websites that can potentially redirect a lot of large corporate companies’ customers to them by being ranked higher within Google’s search engine rankings.
The easiest way to boost a website's rankings within a search engine is to make use of Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short.
What is SEO?
SEO is essentially the manipulation of key aspects within a website to boost the website’s current rankings within the Google search engine rankings, for profitable or traffic gain.
How does SEO work?
When looking at making use of SEO it is important to know that SEO works in two parts:
• Onsite – The website's content and design/layout
> Making use of Keywords
> Creating Clusters of Keywords to link to new and old content
> Ensuring that the design and layout of the website look good and is user-friendly
• Offsite –How the website is linked to by other websites
> Creating high-quality profiles of incoming links that relate to the website theme
> Having an active social media presence
And with these two parts Google’s search engines will be able to notice websites easier which increases the websites overall position within the Google search engine.
Other key factors in helping Google’s search engines notice a website isby making use of correct keywords and key phrases usage. Keywords take up a total of 25% of Google’s search engine algorithm and can be the main reason why a website is not shown if the keywords are not created correctly.
How can as a small business you start to make a website SEO and search engine friendly?
There are multiple methods that can be utilized but here are 3 of the most effective methods,
1. Ad placement/Ad services – Making use of one of these companies is an excellent idea to get a website generating money within a short period of time. Ad services will increase thenumber of visitors you get daily which will help generate money from other click and pay ad services on a website.
2. Paid/Guest Content – Paid and Guest Content are web content that is written by content writers many of whom have high ranking sites. There are two things to note when choosing to make use of paid and guest content;
a. There is a great opportunity to create a linked community
b. The content tends not to be organic or as organic as wanted
3. Social Media – Making use of a social media platform is a great way to share any news about your businesses.
SEO can be a great asset to your small business and if you want to know more you can go here.
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!