on 29 June 18
PaaS hosting or Platform as a Service hosting refers to a model in cloud computing which delivers applications across the web. In this model, the cloud provider will offer both software and hardware for application development to the end-users in the form of a service. In a PaaS hosting environment, the provider will host the software and hardware on his infrastructure and this frees users from going through the trouble of installing in-house hardware or software for deploying new applications.
Why is PaaS hosting preferred?
The PaaS will never directly replace any business infrastructure; rather businesses rely on the PaaS provider for important services like application hosting. for instance, to launch a new business tool you may need an IT staff for buying and setting up the hardware or operating systems, for defining user access and then for adding this application to the existing management system. The IT staff will have to maintain all such resources but when you choose PaaS hosting, the provider will support all the computing software and hardware and users will only have to log in to start using this platform.
Benefits offered by PaaS hosting India plans:
• When you choose PaaS hosting in India, users are free to build software using the tools which their providers offer. The PaaS service may have preconfigured features which clients can subscribe to; so they will choose what they want and remove those that they do not want.
• You can benefit from support from the provider; services are also regularly updated and the existing features are upgraded while new features are also added from time to time. The provider can help developers to conceive new ideas and create applications; even helping in their testing and deployment.
• When you choose the PaaS computing model, you can avail of a subscription service where you follow the pay-as-you-go model and pay only for the resources you use. So, client enterprises can achieve economies of scale as their capital and operational costs are reduced.
• Clients do not have to buy infrastructure; they can simply get this on rent and this has both practical and economic benefits. They do not have to buy or maintain infrastructure and can rent resources only when there is a need for them. So, there is no wastage of resources or investment in unused resources.
• Using PaaS, even the so-called non-experts can create applications seamlessly. They may build these through the single-click function such as the WordPress which can be installed with one click only.
• Clients also enjoy a high degree of flexibility because they can decide which tools to install to cater to their specific business needs. So, picking and choosing features is an important advantage with PaaS hosting. Moreover, features are also customizable and may be altered depending on circumstances.
• Teams situated in different locations can collaborate on the same project and work together on building the same applications.
• With PaaS hosting, you can also enjoy security advantages such as data backups, data recovery and security.
To conclude, PaaS hosting will offer an operating system to develop applications. It will give the architecture and overall infrastructure for supporting launch of new applications. So, it will offer facilities like storage, networking, software and management services.
This blog is listed under Cloud Computing Community