Thunderbird is an open source email application i.e. a boon for personal users. But, we can’t ignore the corporate world where secure and reliable business communication is a backbone for sustainable business growth. Technology is changing rapidly due to an evolution of the social medium. In this context, MS Outlook gives an extra mile to boost the connectivity with end clients or vendors. If we consider global language support, MS Outlook supports 96 languages while Thunderbird holds 53 languages.
Why is MS Outlook the Best Alternative?
As per expert’s opinion, the following features are enhancing the power of MS Outlook email application, such as:
- Full-fledged Integration with MS Exchange Server
- Complete Information Manager for Personal or Corporate Environments
- Strong Patch-up with Social Networking Platforms
- User-Friendly GUI and Organized Mailbox Items
- Satisfactory User Experience through Improved Product Design
Tips for Thunderbird(MBOX) to PST Conversion:
Users can convert Thunderbird emails (MBOX) into PST file through two different approaches, mentioned below:
- Manual Method
- Use of any reliable third party software
This method helps you to cut additional expenses business through self-effort. If you have decided to switch MS Outlook then, it becomes necessary to move old emails of Thunderbird into MS Outlook. In Mozilla Thunderbird, each mailbox has a separate database file i.e. known as. mbx/.mbox file.
In this tutorial, you will learn the procedure to export Thunderbird emails to MS Outlook.
Let us have a detailed step-wise procedure for manual conversion:
Phase 1: Launch Mozilla Thunderbird Application
- Open the targeted folder in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Now, open the message section and Select the messages. In order to select multiple items, Press and hold the "Ctrl" key or press "Ctrl-A".
- Then, Right-click on of the selected emails and choose "Save As" option
- Now, choose a folder to save the messages. At this stage, Thunderbird offers to save emails into EML files. Again, click the "Select Folder" to export the messages.
- Go inside the Outlook 2010 email application, then Right-click the "Outlook" folder to select "New Folder" from the context menu.
- Enter the name of a new folder in the "Name" box and click "OK". New Folder has been created.
- Now, Select the new folder. At this stage, the middle pane doesn't contain messages.
- Users can now select all the emails i.e. exported from Thunderbird in EML format. Use hold "Ctrl" and or press "Ctrl-A" to move multiple email items.
- Then, Click and drag the messages to the middle pane of MS Outlook and import them into the new folder. With completing import procedure, you would be able to see old emails of Thunderbird from MS Outlook interface.
- It doesn’t add financial burden on business
- Having expert level knowledge in email domain
- Chances of data loss due to bad practices
- No option to save emails into Office 365 file format
This approach of the conversion tends to smooth and error-free conversion for large-scale accounts and non-technical users. If you don’t want to lose a single email during migration of MBOX file into PST format, then third party software is playing significant role.
As per opinions of MVPs, you can try Stellar MBOX to PST Converter software. It is a complete software for the conversion of all components like emails, folders, Sent items, attachments, calendars and rest items.
- It is safe for large scale migration
- 100% assurance for result-oriented migration
- Option to save emails into Office 365 file format
- It is not a freeware
If you are planning to migrate entire Thunderbird emails into MS Outlook or Office 365 environment, then a use of third party software is a wise decision for you. In case, you are worry about the performance of third party software then run trial version to test the result of the software.