MyPage is a personalized page based on your interests.The page is customized to help you to find content that matters you the most.


I'm not curious

Why retargeting is so advantageous for your online business

Published on 19 December 16
1247
0
1

Everybody knows that only 2% of online shoppers convert on their first visit to a website. The other 98% aren’t ready to finalise an order due to various factors. Visitors reach your online store, browse for a little while, click on some various product pages with different products and then disappear. Do you want to let them know that you care about them and convince them to become your customers? Sure you do!


Retargeting is efficient because it can transform a lost opportunity into a conversion. Basically, retargeting is run through a marketing automation software and it works by helping your products & services catch the attention of visitors that left without making any purchase. The only thing that needs to be done is to place a pixel ad on your website which tags every visitor. After studying their online behaviour, you can segment your audience and send personalised messages to each of your visitors, with different promotions like free shipping, discounts or special offers, that makes them change their minds and purchase items from your online store.


About 90% of marketers claim that retargeting campaigns are better than other marketing instruments like email or advertising. Be careful though, not any retargeting software will provide you the expected results. If conducted improperly, a retargeting campaign can overwhelm users and annoy them with ads that were not personalised and adapted to their needs. Reaching the right people with the right messages can be done by the following ways:



Retargeting the right people


Sending the same message to every visitor is not a recommended thing to do. You need to customise your messages to you audience, depending on their browsing behaviour. Segment your audience according to the actions they take when visiting your website: first-time visitors, cart abandoners, repeat customers, recent visitors, old customers, etc. If you retarget the right people using the right type of communication, you can efficiently relate to any kind of audience.


Retargeting at the right time


To make sure you’re reconnecting with your previous visitors at the tight time for converting, you need to analyse the situation carefully. For example, if you want to retarget cart abandoners, you need to do it quickly, before they change their minds. If you’re dealing with recent visitors, take action before your competitors do. In other cases, retargeting can be done on special occasion: special promotions, new products being launched or existing products being upgraded, etc.


Retargeting with the right message


After you decide on the right people and the right time, you need to conceive the right message for each situation, the one that your potential customers resonate the most with. Take your time to think about the design, language, demographics and online behaviour. A visitor who abandoned the shopping cart needs to see the products they left behind, while repeat customers need to see new products or something that complements their last purchases. New visitors need to be welcomed with a discount or free shipping in order to encourage them to make a purchase. If you encounter difficulties in choosing the right message, you can always try the A/B testing technique.
Everybody knows that only 2% of online shoppers convert on their first visit to a website. The other 98% aren’t ready to finalise an order due to various factors. Visitors reach your online store, browse for a little while, click on some various product pages with different products and then disappear. Do you want to let them know that you care about them and convince them to become your customers? Sure you do!

Retargeting is efficient because it can transform a lost opportunity into a conversion. Basically, retargeting is run through a marketing automation software and it works by helping your products & services catch the attention of visitors that left without making any purchase. The only thing that needs to be done is to place a pixel ad on your website which tags every visitor. After studying their online behaviour, you can segment your audience and send personalised messages to each of your visitors, with different promotions like free shipping, discounts or special offers, that makes them change their minds and purchase items from your online store.

About 90% of marketers claim that retargeting campaigns are better than other marketing instruments like email or advertising. Be careful though, not any retargeting software will provide you the expected results. If conducted improperly, a retargeting campaign can overwhelm users and annoy them with ads that were not personalised and adapted to their needs. Reaching the right people with the right messages can be done by the following ways:

Retargeting the right people

Sending the same message to every visitor is not a recommended thing to do. You need to customise your messages to you audience, depending on their browsing behaviour. Segment your audience according to the actions they take when visiting your website: first-time visitors, cart abandoners, repeat customers, recent visitors, old customers, etc. If you retarget the right people using the right type of communication, you can efficiently relate to any kind of audience.

Retargeting at the right time

To make sure you’re reconnecting with your previous visitors at the tight time for converting, you need to analyse the situation carefully. For example, if you want to retarget cart abandoners, you need to do it quickly, before they change their minds. If you’re dealing with recent visitors, take action before your competitors do. In other cases, retargeting can be done on special occasion: special promotions, new products being launched or existing products being upgraded, etc.

Retargeting with the right message

After you decide on the right people and the right time, you need to conceive the right message for each situation, the one that your potential customers resonate the most with. Take your time to think about the design, language, demographics and online behaviour. A visitor who abandoned the shopping cart needs to see the products they left behind, while repeat customers need to see new products or something that complements their last purchases. New visitors need to be welcomed with a discount or free shipping in order to encourage them to make a purchase. If you encounter difficulties in choosing the right message, you can always try the A/B testing technique.

Why retargeting is so advantageous for your online business - Image 1

Retargeting and marketing automation for ecommerce

https://retargeting.biz/

Retargeting increases your online store revenue by delivering to your customers the products that they really want to buy.

This blog is listed under E-Commerce Community

Related Posts:
Post a Comment

Please notify me the replies via email.

Important:
  • We hope the conversations that take place on MyTechLogy.com will be constructive and thought-provoking.
  • To ensure the quality of the discussion, our moderators may review/edit the comments for clarity and relevance.
  • Comments that are promotional, mean-spirited, or off-topic may be deleted per the moderators' judgment.
You may also be interested in
 
Awards & Accolades for MyTechLogy
Winner of
REDHERRING
Top 100 Asia
Finalist at SiTF Awards 2014 under the category Best Social & Community Product
Finalist at HR Vendor of the Year 2015 Awards under the category Best Learning Management System
Finalist at HR Vendor of the Year 2015 Awards under the category Best Talent Management Software
Hidden Image Url

Back to Top