In this digital era, if you want your business to be noticed by more customers, then you have to enhance your online presence. And for this, you have to open more online e-commerce stores in different locations so that you can get more web traffic for your products. Moreover, having multiple online stores will certainly allow you to inscribe your name firmly in the market and thus boost your brand visibility.
It is also true that setting up more stores and maintaining them properly, is a formidable and time-consuming job for you. But with multi-store OpenCart development services, you can accomplish the whole job quickly and without a dip in the overall user experience. With OpenCart development, you merely need to add a new store to your existing domain area and also need to fill up the information accordingly. Within a few minutes, your new store will be ready to use with your previous store.
Below, we are sharing the key advantages and disadvantages of multi-store OpenCart development services, so that you can decide whether you should opt for this new system or not.
Upsides of multi-store OpenCart system
- Manage many stores easily from a single admin area: Managing multiple stores at a time is always an intricate and time-taken job. But with multi-store OpenCart system, you can manage everything very smoothly and conveniently. This system usually helps you to check your orders, buyers, products, settings, etc. from a single admin area. Since you have everything at your fingertips, so you can check data individually for each of your stores and also take a look at your entire data for all of your stores.
- Single listing of products and categories: In your admin area, you have an entire list of products (similar to a master database). Now, you only need to choose which products can be registered under what stores. If you want to list the same products or categories for all stores, then by adding the product or category once, you can get your desired result.
- Keep track your products and orders easily: Restocking or refilling of products and product estimating can always be a challenging job for you as an online mercantile. With OpenCart system, all your orders and stocks are coming through the same admin area, so you can easily remember when you need to refill your products. Moreover, when you have all your orders right here, so there is a very less chance that you will forget about an order.
- Easily set up different looking stores: If you go for the separate installations of OpenCart, then you can easily set completely different looking stores and domain names. For this, you need to select different themes, layout, banners, designs, etc., which can synchronize with each of your stores. By doing all these, you can make your stores look significantly different from each other.
- Payment processors: Payment processors are not well-equipped and hence, they are unable to support multi-stores payment functionality separately. Most of the payment processors usually don’t offer the functionality to use their systems distinctly in multi-store. So, if you use a payment option for one of your store currently, then you need to use the same payment option for all your other stores.
- Some modules do not work properly on multi-store: If your store highly depends on modules, then you may face several issues when working with the multi-store feature. It is recommended to should work with companies that have expertise and proficiency in this niche so that you face zero problems.
- SEO issues: Multi-store helps you to establish as many stores as you like using the same products, services, categories, etc. So, if you use the same content for all your stores, then you may encounter SEO issues due to identical content. To resolve this problem, you would have to apply SEO strategies like canonical tags, hreflang tags, or if possible, submit all your sites together to Google.
This blog is listed under E-Commerce Community