80% of internet users have a smartphone. It’s the biggest reason why all the small and big businesses are going crazy behind mobile marketing. They are acutely aware of the fact that the present and future belongs to smartphone marketing, and in order to stay sustainable, they will have to come up with solutions that are aligned to the needs and preferences of the smartphone users. Smartphones have become the next big thing in today’s world, and with the emergence of hybrid mobile apps, this war of mobile user acquisition and capturing user base is only going to heat up further.
If you’re planning to get a robust mobile presence for your brand built through mobile app development, then make sure you check out its advantages and disadvantage before making a final call.
Hybrid Mobile Apps
The hybrid mobile app development brings together the best of the web (HTML5) and mobile (native) worlds and ensures that the users can have the best smartphone experience ever. This is the reason why mobile app developers give them more preference than the other two.
Advantages of Hybrid Mobile App Development
There must be some reason as to why most companies are going nuts behind the hybrid mobile app development. Here are some of the advantages that you can take a look-
- With hybrid mobile app development, businesses don’t have to worry about making necessary changes in their platforms for different mobile platforms, which otherwise requires huge time and money investment. As soon as they deploy their hybrid app, it will do all the heavy lifting and ensure that the app works perfectly well regardless of the platform it’s been used at.
- For businesses, collecting necessary data from the device is crucial, but they can’t do it via web apps. That’s where the hybrid apps get an edge over the web apps and help businesses collect user data like contacts, camera, GPS, push notification, etc., without giving up on the web content.
- They can work offline due to the native features and ensure that users don’t have to suffer a lot even when there’s no data. However, the trick here is that the data entered in the offline mode doesn’t get updated until the internet comes back.
Everything has its own flaws, and hybrid apps are no exception to this rule. There are quite a few disadvantages of hybrid apps which all the top app developers have to keep in mind, such as-
- At times, the hybrid apps can offer slower performance due to over-dependency on the internet as compared to the native apps, which are very fast and easy to use. However, this speed issue can be controlled by making some changes in the native mobile platform.
- Just like the speed, users sometimes face performance issues as well while using the hybrid apps. Chances of them getting crashed often are very high than the native apps, which provide excellent performance with minimum glitches.
- Regardless of the network, the visual content doesn’t perform as good on the hybrid apps as it does on the native apps. Said that the technology is improving at a swift pace and will surely get rid of this problem in the near future.
Hybrid mobile apps are producing great results for businesses worldwide. If you enlist the assistance of top mobile app developers, they can do the same magic for your business too.