There is a humongous volume of mobile apps available in the market, primarily driven by the burgeoning user base of smartphone users. It is not unknown that businesses need to have a mobile app developed by top mobile app developers in order to remain ahead of the competition.
For a development agency, it is important to recover costs and make a successful business out of developing high performance, robust and scalable mobile apps. Today we try to expand on this interesting thought by exploring the different ways you can get your mobile apps to drive revenues and let you run a sustainable business operation.
Step-by-step breakdown to gain more from app development
Here’s how easy it is to make money by selling paid apps
- Plan and develop a simple and innovative mobile app:
- Simple apps are usually powerful
- Make sure your app meets the required standards of the App market. Make sure to read up on the stringent app store guidelines on app release so that you can avoid multiple iterations and enable faster time to market.
- Eye catching GUI to appeal audiences.
- To avoid app rejection on the app store, you should test it well before the release; guesswork never gets the job done.
2. App Promotion
- There is no growth if you don't gain users. Make sure you craft a compelling app store description along with a catchy name and appealing app icon.
- Numerous apps stores highlight many numbers of apps and it's not easy to get noticed.
- You need to attract interested users to download your application. Think of it as influential marketing.
- Be it a land business or a grocery store, an app can bring good news to your client’s business. This USP is the biggest revenue driver and you need to make sure that your client is made well aware of this unique value proposition that you will be offering as their chosen mobile app developers.
4. App Advertising
- Using ad networks is one of the best ways to earn revenues. These networks offer easy amalgamation with other apps and therefore help you start earning.
- The only disadvantage is the initial low CPM rates. But this can change when your app gains popularity.
- Rich media ad networks such as Greystripe helps attract and maintain the interest of your viewers. Some of them return to you more often as these ads are appealing to the eye, they also automatically attract more viewers and higher earnings as well.
A good SEO strategy would keep your app top in the search engine rankings. Search Engine Optimization is a method to let top search engines such as Google to find you easily during searches and list you among the top of their search results. Similarly, optimize your app description and keywords for result oriented App Store Optimization (ASO) that take your app to the top of the charts and boost your visibility in a crowded space.
Use keywords that are frequently searched by users. Using Google Adwords or any of the similar keyword searching tool can ease your job. Also, using the same keywords in your app description will increase your search engine rankings with Google and bing.
Apps beyond the smartphone-
- The apps you develop must be flexible to other devices like Tablets, Smart TVs.
- Concentrating more on configurations and app platforms can increase app popularity.
- Android and iOS apps are more common than the ones that run on Windows and Blackberry.
7.Keep track of your customers
- Using Google Analytics and Webmaster tools can help you keep track of your audiences.
- To increase web traffic, knowledge on these tools will help you significantly.
- Always review your previous and present outcomes and make a comparison between both.
- Measure your success rate among the audience.
- Avoid app duplication: Purchase an ownership license and copyright policy. This way you can avoid the same kind of apps in the app markets.
- Research before you sell: To avoid similarity with any other app, go to a website like top App Charts and type in the name of the app. If it’s not in any of the top rankings for its category you are good to go.
- Make business Agreements: You can tie up with different companies for a common goal. Make more clients and communicate constantly with your clients to keep in touch with them. Social media tie-ups can help you to a greater extent.
- Things You need: Programming and Designing skills are cardinal for mobile app developers. A well-planned marketing strategy is necessary for your well-developed mobile app.
Before we sign off
Handheld devices play a significant role in people’s day to day living. If you’re a mobile app developer, you can take note of these crucial steps to ensure a profitable venture and success in your mobile app development endeavor.