Search Engines has become a necessity nowadays. There are a large number of search engines available nowadays. While some of them are not used much, others are quite a lot in use nowadays. Yahoo is the second most popular search engine provider in the world after Google. At some point in time, you may feel the necessity to add a custom search engine like Yahoo or some other search engine as per the case to your web browser.
Almost every web browser provides you with the option to add your own custom web browser. If you too wish to change your web browser and have no idea on how to do so, just go through the steps mentioned below to add a custom search engine of your choice which is Yahoo in my case.
Did You Know: How to Configure Yahoo mail into MS Outlook
Add Custom Search engine to Chrome:
Adding a custom search engine to Chrome is quite an easy task if you are a regular user and know its ins and outs.
· Enter chrome://settings/searchEngines in the URL address of your web browser.
· Here the list of search engines is displayed.
· If you find the search engine of your choice, click on the button Make Default right next to it.
· If the search engine of your choice is not displayed, you can add a search engine as per your choice.
· For this, you have to add the name, keyword, and search URL. Then make it as default search engine.
The above method helps you change the search engine in Google Chrome.
Add a custom search engine to Mozilla Firefox:
In Firefox you can simply add search engines to the list of search engines. Just follow the steps to add a custom search engine to Mozilla Firefox.
· Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser and click on the search bar icon available.
· After that click on the Change Search settings option available.
· A list of the search engines available is displayed. If the search engine of your choice does not appear in the list, click on the Add More Search Engines link.
· Add your own custom search engines.
· If you wish to set it as default, click on the drop-down button that appears right next below the Default Search Engine.
· Select the search engine that you wish to use.