Developing mobile applications is a technique – a technique of expression, a technique of imagination, a technique of compassion and excellence. However, still there happen to be various application developers composing native Android and iOS codes for application development.
As indicated by the data of mobile application download, a total number of mobile application downloads in 2012 were about 65 million; in 2016, it crossed the target of 225 million downloads. Because of the expanded demand for mobile applications, the mobile application development industry is searching for better approaches for conveying magnificent mobile applications quickly without trading off with the quality and result of the application.
The Reign of Native Applications
Native applications are platform specific, requiring independent development for various platforms. For instance, an iOS local mobile application is created using Objective-C and XCode, while Android Native applications are produced using Java and Eclipse. The quality viewing experience and optimized performance are carried by native applications because of the inbuilt characteristics of the specific OS.
Introduction of Cross-Platform Applications
Mobile application development companies searching for the options to create fresh applications discovered comfort in cross-platform software, which provided an adaptable, and a productive contrasting option to the native applications. The journey of cross-platform application development began with the PhoneGap and Titanium surfaced. In the end, such a variety of frameworks based on web technology appeared and began serving to some extent.
Introduced in 2011, Xamarin reduced cross-platform mobile application developers, as individuals were ready to create cross-platform mobile applications using Xamarin and Hire Xamarin developers in Pune India.
What is Xamarin?
Established based on Mono, an open source acknowledgment of.NET Framework, Xamarin is a successful tool that consistently deciphers code written in C# into native codes for famous mobile platforms. Xamarin was later acquired by Microsoft on 24 February 2015 and later on, its incorporation was affirmed in Microsoft Visual Studio as an open source, no additional charge program.
Xamarin uses C# hence, anything is done in Objective-C, Swift and Java can be adequately defined in C# and Xamarin
Being an open source platform of Microsoft, any product development company, having a productive Microsoft development group will get the licensed version of Xamarin without any extra charges as a component of the Visual Studio licensing.
Advantages Of Using Xamarin
- Built on C# and supplemented with the .NET Framework, Xamarin is moderately simple to create mobile applications for various platforms.
- Around 96% of the source code can be reused resulting in speeded up engineering cycle.
- No requirement of switching between development environments as it works with both Visual Studio (for Windows) and Xamarin IDE (for Mac).
- The standard support given by both the IDE's is eventually upgraded after Microsoft acquired Xamarin and combined it with Visual Studio.
- All the cross-platform development tools are given as implicit features without requiring companies to pay any additional charges.
- Mobile application developers can create a perfect user experience because of the platform specific User Interface in the Xamarin.
- The application User Interface segments are changed over into platform specific interface components at run-time using Xamarin.Forms Tool, which is a superior choice to create simple Android, iOS, and Windows mobile applications.
- The XamariN.Forms Tools altogether builds the application development speed, therefore making it the perfect alternative to executing business-oriented projects.
- Sometimes the performance of the application created in Xamarin may indicate declined performance, which is because of the additional abstraction layer. In such conditions, developers are given a choice to use Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS for achieving excellent outcomes.
- Xamarin is an entirely cross-platform application development package that has removed all the hardware compatibility issues with the usage of particular Plugins and APIs.
- This allows Xamarin applications to work with the basic device functionality over all platforms and develop a completely native application functionality.
- The application database supports access to platform specific APIs and connecting to native libraries for better customization and upgraded native application functionality with least operating cost.
Because of the code sharing, using single technology stacks, native-like application performance, productivity, decrease the developing cost and time to marketing, various entrepreneurs and new companies picked Xamarin mobile application development platform and hired xamarin developers in Pune,India.
Therefore, it is better to consider Xamarin for the development of enterprise mobile solutions. Just 5 to 10% effort is required by mobile application developers to alter the platform because of standard User Interface covering 90% of the projects alongside the suitable functionality to share all the center product rationale easily.
If a company or a business plans to build up a consumer-facing application having complex User Interface, then the amount of shared code is radically reduced, wherein Xamarin cross-platform mobile application development fails to render its major advantage; equaling the cost and time required to build up a native application.