on 07 December 20
- About 77% of businesses plan to increase their spending on SaaS in the next 2 Years- Garner
- The cloud software model will account for $1 of every $4.59 spend on software-- IDC
- 59% of all cloud workloads will be SaaS-based by 2018, up from 41% in the Year 2013
- Nearly 90% of ISV's said they offer SaaS in 2016, an increase of more than 60% from 2014
- The Global SaaS market will expand at a CAGR of 27.9% between 2015 and 2022.
International Business Machines (IBM) established the concept of SaaS (software as a service) in the 1960s and since then, SaaS has come a long way, right from supplanting the retail software model to enabling organizations to access their data on the cloud. As the mobile web has gone mainstream for companies these days procurement analysts at
Ajoftpredict the global saas software development industry to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8% by 2021. Vendors are working to improve SaaS infrastructure to accommodate the needs of businesses, small, medium and large and it is interesting to see how SaaS industry will evolve in 2017.
- Again, Security will be a key Factor - About 60% of the population across the world already own a mobile phone in 2016, and about 61% of mobile users are unlikely to return to a site that has accessibility problems, and more than 40% of people will use your competitor’s website instead. So, mobile device security is going to be important throughout 2017 and it is anticipated that 2017 will bring different solutions to make us less vulnerable to hackers. Mobile can result in security breaches, so providing away personal and enterprise information.
- XaaS (Anything as a service) - SaaS has developed ahead itself to something now termed as the XaaS model. XaaS stand for many things including "X as a service," or "anything as a service" or "everything as a service." Pay-as-you-go models are being used by many manufacturers and channel partners to compute their organizations as they welcome new technology through cloud-based services. Do you know that experts believe that XaaS will bring more innovations to cloud-based online businesses? I can see the smile on your face now.
- The Significance of APIs - The Artificial Intelligence (AI) personal assistant space boomed in 2016 with Google Home, Siri’s Facebook and Amazon Alexa debut. The same is to be anticipated for the current year (2017) where home enhancement and simplification is a trend in AI. a Few businesses want their data or information to move to cloud software and platform services, while the need to blend with the current framework by service resolutions. And, the absolute integration has become the responsibility of SaaS.
- Mobile-Friendly Applications - Without any doubt, mobile-friendly applications or websites are going to be a must as mobile devices are becoming the standard for employees and customers. According to a survey by Computer World’s Forecast 2017, About 35% of respondents polled said they plan to boost spending on mobile systems in 2017. Additionally, 10% are beta-testing apps and 21% of those hiring at their place of work are looking to add team members with mobile application.
- SaaS Marketplaces - Products that are employable to one function only is not effective for b2b SaaS companies anymore. Products that have met their niches will move forth to a highly developed platform in 2017. SaaS companies will develop from single product services to platforms just by going ahead from things they are dominating to diverse areas right now. Zenefits is a good example of a SaaS-based marketplace. It is an HR tool, which users can use to run their business without touching the marketplace features. For instance- An apartment owner won’t use Airbnb to manage its property, and all features of the Airbnb product are focused on the transactions with tenants.
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!