on 27 June 18
This article gives you information about the Limitation of Outlook PST File size in different Microsoft Versions. Also discussed PST File size problems faced by while Microsoft Outlook file size limit process and some specialized techniques that can help the user to fix the Outlook PST File size limit issues.
, and mail-ware attack. Due to such error user not able to view their important emails and attachments and try to resolve all these kind of PST File Size Problems and maintain Outlook PST file size limit by following techniques.
days [999 days].
5. User can View File larger than n bytes [9999 kilobytes = 9.9 MB]
6. Auto Archive: Using archive method, can reduce the size of PST File without deleting emails.
7. This option used to archive old file items and stored in Archive folder of Outlook File.
Location: Documents\Outlook Files Folder
8. Click On Delete Item Folder to Reduce Size.
Method 2: Compact Now Feature to fix Outlook PST File Issues
While using Outlook, a user can limit the Outlook PST File size features using Compact Feature. To navigate to compact feature.
1. Click on File >> Account Setting
2. Click on Data Files >> Click on the Setting button in Data Files Prompt.
3. Now click on Compact Now Button to reduce the size of PST File
Note: Do Not exit the Outlook compacting process and size of the file should be greater than 16 KB.
Approach 3: Clean-up Old Items Feature
Using this feature an end user can create archive File of Outlook emails Inbox, sent items, deleted items and many more mailboxes of PST File. Steps to archive to change Outlook PST File size.
1) Open Outlook Application >> File Menu.
2) In Tools Section >> Clean-Up Old items.
3) In Clean -up wizard >> Browse the location to store archive PST File]
4)A user can select manually select the Mailbox folder to an archive file.
5) Click OK, after selecting Mailbox Folder.
6) Now you can see PST File and Now you can delete the selected messages to limit the size of PST File.
Approach 4: Delete Large Attachments
As Attachments within emails messages is one of the factors of large volume of PST file and PST file size problems. A user can store the large size important attachment to the system folder and can delete the attachment from the emails messages.
Approach 5: Divide Outlook File to Solve PST File Size Issues
Another approach to limit the size of PST File, user can divide the Outlook file when the file size increases a certain level and start affecting the performance of Outlook application. To limit the size of PST File, end user can keep their data in multiples PST File.
Approach 6: Delete Unused Items
The simplest way to keep the size of PST File in under limit, always try to delete the unused items of Delete Items box in a periodic interval, this will help to reduce the size of PST File.
1) Large Number of Emails: It is difficult and tedious task to identify junk emails from the Inbox and other mailboxes and reduce. the size, as user receiving a large number of emails in a single day.
2) Dividing Big PST File: To divide large volume capacity of PST File in Outlook. Chances of losing data possible if any single steps are missed while splitting Outlook files into two parts.
This article describes various method to Fix PST file size problems by reducing Outlook PST File Size Limit. As Default file size of Outlook PST File is different for various Outlook versions. As For 2016, file size limit is 50 GB around and Outlook 2002 PST hold 2GB File limit. A user can try above method to maintain PST file size limit of Outlook 2002/2007/2010 to Outlook 2013 versions.
As File size of Outlook always increases while sending and receiving email messages. So a user can go for PST Compress Tool to reduce Outlook PST File size limit of both formats of supported by Outlook.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community