The apple products have many features which can be challenging to use sometimes. Non technical users need help to use them. This article will guide you to solve most problems you can experience with iCloud and other apple products.
Locate my iPhone feature activation lock
The new Locate My iPhone feature has an activation lock, which is designed to prevent unauthorized individuals from using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch in case of loss or theft. The activation lock is automatically activated when you use Locate My iPhone.
With Enable Lockout, your Apple ID and password are required to perform the following tasks:
• Disable Locate my iPhone on your device
• Clear the contents of your device or iCloud
• Reactivate and use your device.
This option not only allows you to secure your device, even in case of loss or theft, but also to find it faster if you misplace it. If you remotely delete data on your device, the Activation Lockout function can even prevent other third parties from re-enabling it without your permission. All you have to do is to keep the Locate My iPhone feature enabled and remember your Apple ID and password. With the WatchOS 2, you can also use the activation lock to protect your Apple Watch.
How does the Activation Lock work?
When you enable the Locate My iPhone feature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, your Apple ID is associated with your device and stored securely on Apple activation servers. Therefore, your password is required whenever someone wishes to disable the Locate My iPhone feature on your device, erase the device's data, re-enable it, or use it.
The Activation Lock is automatically enabled when you set up the Locate My iPhone feature.
How to bypass the iCloud lock for your iPhone?
There are valid reasons why an iPhone could be blocked out of its iCloud account associated with it. If it is locked, the phone becomes virtually unusable. Below are important steps on how to remove iCloud Lock. There are many tools and software that can be used. We will discuss 4 of them.
This is another tool which can bypass iCloud lock for your iPhone in handy. There are various tools that promise to help you unlock. ICloud lock and you need to follow these easy instructions and carry out the work.
• Download a remove iCloud lock with the bypass activation option on your machine.
• Start the tool.
• Connect your iPhone to your PC using the USB cable, and then set it to DFU mode.
• Now click on the "Start" button.
• You will find a list of modules where you select the right model, then click Next.
• Let the software make its way. It can take 20 to 25 minutes.
• Once the process is complete, your phone will restart itself.
• Be sure to reset your phone as new.
• Make sure you have turned off the "Locate my iPhone"
What can I do if I have misplaced my device?
If you misplace your device (or you think it was stolen), it is recommended that you immediately place it in Lost mode using the Locate My iPhone feature. The Lost mode allows you to lock your screen with a four- or six-digit access code and display a personalized message with your phone number on your device to help you retrieve it. If desired, you can also remotely erase data. Your personalized message will continue to be displayed even after completing this operation.
While the Activation Lock option works in the background to prevent the use or sale of your lost device, the Lost mode informs the person holding your device that it is yours and cannot be reactivated without your permission (password).
To place a device in Lost mode, connect to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC, or use the Locate My iPhone app on iOS.
Do I have to disable the Locate my iPhone feature before gifting it?
The answer is yes. Before you give your device to someone you need to turn off the Locate my iPhone feature to make sure that the other person can activate and use the device normally. The best way to do so is to disconnect from iCloud and then erase all content and settings before you give it up. In this case, the data will be completely erased, the Locate my iPhone feature will be disabled and the device will no longer be associated with your Apple ID.
Follow these simple steps:
iOS 10.3 or newest versions:
1. Touch Settings> [your name]> iCloud.
2. Scroll down and touch Logout.
3. Enter the password for your Apple ID, and then touch Disable.
4. Return to Settings.
5. Touch General> Reset> Clear Content and Settings.
iOS 10.2 or older versions:
1. Touch Settings> iCloud function.
2. Scroll down and touch Disconnect and touch Disconnect again.
3. Touch Remove from my iPhone and enter your password.
4. Return to Settings.
5. Touch General> Reset> Clear Content and Settings.
Do I need to disable the Locate my iPhone feature before I have my device repaired?
Again, the answer is yes. If this option is not turned off, you may not be able to perform a repair on it. In this case, you need your Apple ID password.
What if I forget the password associated with my Apple ID?
If you forget your password, you can reset it on the Apple ID page or by contacting Apple Support to confirm your identity. If you forget your password and you are unable to reset it, you will no longer be able to use your Apple ID. You may also not be able to use or reactivate your device. To avoid this inconvenience, visit the Apple ID page regularly to check and update your account information.
What if I buy a device still associated with its former owner account?
Your iPhone may still be associated with the Apple ID of its previous owner, preventing you from setting up and using it. If you are prompted to enter the Apple ID of the old owner when you turn on the device, the iPhone is still linked to that ID, even though the data has been erased. If the lock screen or the main screen is displayed when the device is switched on, the data has not been erased.
Contact the former owner as soon as possible to ask him to erase the data from the device and remove it from his account.
How do I know if the Activation lock option is enabled on a second hand device I buy?
When purchasing an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch from someone other than Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller, you are responsible for ensuring that the device data has been erased and that the 'Is more associated with the former owner's account.
Kindly follow these steps below before buying the unit:
1. Activate the device and slide the slider to unlock it.
2. If you are prompted to enter an access code or the main screen is displayed that means the data has not been erased. Ask the person seller to completely erase all data by going to Settings> General> Reset> Clear content and settings. Do not purchase a used iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that has not been cleared.
3. Begin the setup process.
4. The device activation process starts after you select a language and a country or region, and you have connected to a network. If you are prompted to enter the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, it means that the device is always associated with the previous owner's account.
Ask the seller or give to enter his password. If it is not in your presence, it can also remove the device from its account by logging in to icloud.com/find. Do not purchase an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that is still associated with the account of its previous owner.
Remember these Apple electronics are ready to be used by you when the message "Configure your iPhone", "Configure your iPad" or "Configure your iPod" appears the first time you turn it on. And finally, remember to regularly save your data on your iCloud drive account to prevent loss of important files.
This blog is listed under Cloud Computing Community