Taxi-booking apps are expanding everywhere. With the emerging mobile technology running a taxi business through an app has become pretty effortless. But the problem with this rapidly advancing technology is, it’s quite difficult for a mobile startup with a native idea, to attract comparatively more users when there are sufficient good ideas already prevailing in the market. So, it becomes necessary for taxi businesses to work with application developers who will explore the ideas globally as well as implement those ideas into their final product.
A compatible mobile application can definitely please the end-user with an easier booking experience, ensuring growth in the client base.
It must be confirmed in advance, that developing taxi apps should produce realistic business goals. So, it is advised to keep the following points in mind before launching a taxi-booking mobile app:
- Scope of developing the application
- Knowing the contenders
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the mobile application
- Survey the audience downloading the application
- Long term or short term goals of the taxi booking application
After this, it depends on the app developer to organize a way for developing an app; either native or a cross-platform app!
Once the desired platform is fixed, requirement gathering is the next step which is communicated to the developer. Once the requirements are communicated to the developers, a few point must be taken care of while developing the app:
- The app must have a user-friendly design providing benefits to both passengers and drivers
- All the features must be easily available to customers by a plain yet compelling User Interface
- The app must be challenging enough to calculate the tariff based on the selected route.
- GPS-Based Use Of Locations
- Best Payment Options For Trouble-Free Bookings
- Resolving Server Issues
- Identifying rider’s location with the help of GPS service will notify the nearest driver about the ride request. Here, the server plays a crucial role to understand the driver’s location information.
- Once the request is sent to the driver, he has to press the button on his mobile and start the car. It is necessary for the driver to have rider’s current location. Another server fetches the rider’s location information and forwards it to the driver.
- Push Notifications/SMS
Other than Push notifications, they must receive an SMS confirmation of the booking as well as information about the offers and discounts.
- Payment Integration Gateway
- Getting The Cost Of Developing The App
- Android and iOS native application development
- Backend development
- Web development
- Project management
- Quality assurance (QA)
Taxi-booking apps have proven out to be a wonderful addition to the world of technology and taxi business, which has made traveling a lot easier. Above are just a few of the essential factors which can make the taxi apps beneficial for both, driver as well as the customers using it.