Over the past few years, the popularity of private cloud has sky rocketed, and there are significant reasons for that. The most remarkable feature of this type of cloud environment is that only a single organization can access this. If you would like to know the reason behind its popularity, here are some of them –
· Improved control – Since a private cloud is accessible only to a single organization, it ensures added control over the system. If you opt for a private cloud environment for your business, you will be able to configure it according to your own requirement. You can also manage it on your own terms and ensure a customized network solution.
· Higher privacy and security – Unlike public cloud models, private cloud models ensure that all the valuable information and operations are kept absolutely secure. This added security is ensured using a lot of techniques like distinct pools of resources, on-site internal hosting and dedicated leased lines.
· Cost effective option – By implementing a private cloud model you can utilize your resources better within the organization. Since resources will be available to the individual business functions or departments, they will be able to respond to any sort of demand promptly. Although this type of cloud environment is not as affordable as that of public cloud services, it helps make better use of the available computing resources. With this environment, you can be assured of minimized investment into unused capacity.
· Integration with public cloud – If needed, you can integrate the existing cloud environment with the public one and create hybrid clouds. In this system, the non-sensitive functions are placed on the public cloud, ensuring the best possible efficiency.
· Cloud bursting – If you have been looking for cloud bursting services, opting for a private cloud environment might prove to be quite beneficial for you. There are many providers who allow you to employ cloud busting in a private cloud environment. In order to provide more free space within this type of cloud environment, the service provider moves certain functions, basically which are not so sensitive, to a public cloud. This ensures the sensitive functions that require a lot of space to function properly, have enough space.