How to Split PST Files in Outlook 2013: Know the Best Ways
If you are using Microsoft Outlook for a long time and frustrated to accord with a large amount of data and big files. Then must be looking how to split PST files in Outlook 2013. As the large PST files slow down the performance of MS Outlook performance and sometimes it becomes difficult to stay effective with the slow loads of data and to avoid the corruption in the PST file. Here in this blog, we will be going to discuss the methods to break/divide large PST files in Outlook 2013.
Outlook, an emailing platform by Microsoft, is now used by assorted organizations as well as by some individual users also. Outlook supports .pst format i.e. Personal Storage Table, to store all the data of a profile including the emails or any other mailbox items such as contact, calendar, etc. The earlier versions and Microsoft Outlook 2002, supports ANSI PST file which can store 2GB data only. However, Outlook 2003 and the latest versions came up with UNICODE PST file format which extends the size limit from 20 GB to 50 GB. But still, some users face issues for splitting large PST files into smaller parts.
Before proceeding further for the solutions, let us know the reasons why a user want to cut large Outlook data file into smaller parts.
Why There is a Need to Break Large Sized PST Files?
Since all the data is stored in the PST file, There are several situations when the size of the PST file exceeds its specified size limit. It leads to the damage and corruption in the Outlook PST file. To avoid such situation that could make you lose your data, oversized PST file needs to be split. The blog will be discussing method on how to break PST file in Outlook.
Split PST Files in Outlook 2013: Manual Methods to Divide Large Outlook Data Files
As such, there is no direct manual way to separate Outlook PST file. Yet, the two features in MS Outlook, one is Import and Export and the other is Archive feature which is available only in Outlook 2007 and the newer versions. These features can be used to break the Personal Storage Table file.
Dividing Large Outlook PST Files Using Import and Export Technique
Follow the steps to move PST files in Outlook 2013:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook account.
- Go to the File tab >> Account Settings >> click on Account setting. You will get a new window.
- Now, select data files tab >> click on Add option. Again a new window will appear.
- Now, choose the option of Create or Open Outlook Data File.
- Click on OK >> Close the window.
- Again go to File tab >> Select Open >> Import. A new window Import and Export Wizard will appear.
- Select the Export option >> click on Next
- Now, browse the storage location of Outlook PST file accordingly and name the file. You can also set a password for the newly created PST file if you want.
- Click on Finish.
- Now, check the new file at the specified location.
Use Archive Feature to Split PST Files in Outlook 2013
Follow the steps to cut/divide PST into smaller size:
- Start MS Outlook.
- First, select a PST file to move the items from the mailbox.
- Go to the File tab >> click on the Archive option.
- Now, select the check box of Archive this folder and all sub-folders.
- You will get other option, after choosing the folder i.e. Archive items older than.
- Pick up a date from the calendar.
- Select a location and name of the .pst file, using the Browse option >> Click on OK.
- A new file will be created at the specified location.
Pertinent Solution to Divide Large PST Files in Outlook 2013/10/07
If you want a fast and hassle-free solution to move PST files into smaller parts, then it is suggested to for one of the best third-party services like SysTools Split PST tool to break large PST file in Outlook 2013/10/07 without losing any data. The tool has come up with an option to separate large Outlook data file into smaller parts using different options such as split by date, size, year or folder option to break Outlook PST files. This SysTools Split PST software divide .pst files in Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 into compact files in few easy steps.
At last, it can be concluded that one can go for the third-party software to split oversized Outlook PST file into multiple smaller files. The user-friendly interface of this utility makes it easy for a novice & even for a non-technical user to divide the PST file. After considering different third-party vendors available, this product is found to be one of the best to divide/split PST files in Outlook 2013.
This blog is listed under Data & Information Management Community