Are you fond of the Windows Live Mail? Or Looking for the way to access your favourite Hotmail on your iPhone? Windows Live Mail or Hotmail can be accessed in the iPhone smoothly. All you need to do is, configure it correctly either via POP3 or via IMAP.
Most of the users worldwide, now access their email client on multiple devices. A person can have 2 Smartphones or a tablet or iPad along with computer either at the work place or at the home. If you are also one of them, you must stick to the IMAP rather than the POP3. However, on the iPhone, Outlook app is inbuilt in the iPhone Mail. You just need to log in with the credentials and you will be on your way. This tiny blog will help you configure your favorite Windows Live Mail or Hotmail in your iPhone. So, sit back, relax and enjoy the article till the end.
Before you get started, keep the following things in your mind.
- Your Windows Live Mail or Hotmail account is working perfectly fine. The account isn’t blocked and you remember the password.
- Your iPhone has a fast and active network connection and it updated with the latest version of the iOS.
Follow the steps below to access via Outlook app.
- Unlock your iPhone.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Choose Outlook.com
- Type your Windows Live Mail or Hotmail email address then tap Next.
- Type the respective password here then tap Sign in.
- Tap yes when asked Let this app access your info.
- Tap Save.
- Now navigate to the Mail app.
- Let the app download all the emails. Congratulations! You have successfully configured your Windows Live Mail or Hotmail account on your iPhone.
- When you add an account, choose Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Type name, email, password and description then tap Next.
- Tap IMAP.
- Type the mandatory information.
- Under the incoming mail server, update host name as imap-mail.outlook.com
- Under the outgoing mail server, update host name as smtp-mail.outlool.com
- Tap Save.
Apple Mail usually fetch the necessary configuration automatically, chances are very slim that you will have to update port, authentication method etc. If you have a Windows Live Mail account or Hotmail account, you won’t face much difficulty while configuring the new account in the Apple Mail in your iPhone.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community