Are you in trouble? Finding solution to import Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook 2013 or 2010? Then you are on the right place! Lets read the below given article it may be helpful for importing lotus notes contacts into outlook.
Lotus Notes is a desktop email client which organizes and displays notes database on users local workstation. This database can be saved either on a local workstation itself or on a server. Lotus Notes has many features like the other email clients and it has features like emails, contacts, calendars, journals, to – do’s, bookmarks and many more.
Lotus Notes stores its contacts in a separate file name called names.nsf file. There are two names.nsf files, one is for Domino server and another is for Lotus Notes. Information in both these files are same. To access the information of names.nsf file in Outlook versions 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 you will have to import contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook. As we know IBM Notes and MS Outlook both are popular emailing applications widely used by users across the world. Most of the time, users of Lotus Notes may need to access the mailbox in MS Outlook. To import Notes mailboxes i.e mails and contacts is not so easy, you may find it little difficult. This process can be established through manual method or by using a third party utility.
Lotus Notes is a suites of applications which allows us to program and configure the system as a web browser but mainly used for an email service. In the other hand, Outlook is the most used email client across the globe. Apart from sending and receiving emails, it stores contacts and assists in scheduling your meetings and you can also browse the web through it. Microsoft Outlook stores its database file in PST format.
Methods to Import Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010
Due to several reasons and scenarios so that an organization is switching from IBM Lotus Notes emailing platform to Microsoft Outlook. For doing this and to continue to work with their old data, you’ll have to convert file from NSF to PST. This conversion also exports lotus notes contacts, mails and its attachments, journals, notes and import it to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
It can be done in two ways either by manual or by a safe automated solution which could import contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook completely.
There are few simple steps to which could help you know how to migrate or export lotus notes contacts to Outlook 2013, 2010 or any other versions. First of all export all contacts from Lotus notes to CSV file and then import it to Microsoft Outlook using import export wizard.
Part 1: How to Export Contacts to .csv file format?
- Start Lotus Notes Application
- Open Contacts in Notes
- Click on More from the menu bar and select Export Contacts
- After it, a screen will appear there, you’ll have to choose the required field and enter the file name for saving and file type to save. Click on Export to start the conversion process.
- It may consume some time while saving contacts to .csv file.
Part 2: How to import contacts from CSV file to Outlook?
To import lotus notes contacts to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and older versions is not a straight forward process manually. Therefore, exporting Lotus Notes contacts to csv file is need to performed first and then importing this file to outlook is processed.
- Start MS Outlook and click on File menu option and select open to choose import option.
- The import and export wizard window will appear with lists of options, choose Import from another program or file. Click Next.
- Browse the CSV file from your system and choose the below given options accordingly. Click on Next.
- Choose the folder destination where you want to save the imported Lotus Notes contacts. Click Next.
- You can map custom fields if it is required to otherwise click Finish.
- To migrate Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook from CSV file completely, it may take some time.
- After completion of import process of Notes contacts to Outlook you’ll be able to access Lotus Notes contacts in Outlook.
Some Limitations of Manual Method
As we have seen migrating contacts from lotus notes to outlook is a two way procedure. First part is to export contacts to csv file and the second part is to import csv file to outlook. The manual process to import Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook may be risky because:
- It does not imports complete attribute of Address book like images.
- The structure of information may be changed or lost during this conversion.
- It is a time consuming process.
To overcome the above stated limitations of manual procedure, you can use a safe and portable professional solution to import contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook which completely migrate Notes Contacts to MS Outlook in a precise manner.