on 10 December 18
Do you need to import mail from old Thunderbird profile to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007. Get steps import Thunderbird emails from old Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007
How to Import Old Thunderbird Profile to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007?
There are organizations that are moving to Outlook every day. Some of the employees may have emails saved in a different email client. Many users prefer Thunderbird for a personal mailbox. Often the need arises to import mail from old Thunderbird profile to Outlook PST. This can be to any of the MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016. This post describes all the necessary steps and techniques to import Thunderbird emails from old Thunderbird to Outlook. Read this article to find out the best way to perform the transfer.
Methods to Import Old Thunderbird Profile to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007
Following are steps to upload contents of an old profile to Thunderbird into Outlook:
Import old Profile into Thunderbird
- First, Download and Install Thunderbird application from Mozilla Site.
- Then, note down the location where the old profile is saved.
- Next, start the Profile Manager by typing in Thunderbird -profilemanager in the Start search box.
- From the Choose User Profile box, select Create Profile… button.
- Next, type in a name for the old Thunderbird profile(say, New Profile).
- Then, click on Choose Folder… button.
- From Browse to Folder dialogue box, go to the folder path where the old Thunderbird profile is saved and click OK.
- From the Completing the Create Profile Wizard dialogue box, verify that the link path shown is correct.
- Then, click on the Finish button.
- Next, select the new profile and click Start button to import old profile in Thunderbird.
- Open Thunderbird to check that all emails are present in the current profile.
Import old Thunderbird Profile into New Thunderbird Profile
- First, close Thunderbird application.
- Then, create a new profile using Profile Manager.
- Next, close down the profile manager.
- Copy the contents of the old Thunderbird profile over the new one
- Restart Thunderbird, all emails from old Profile will be present in the new one.
Migrating From Thunderbird Profile to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007
Step 1: Setup A Gmail IMAP account in Thunderbird
- First, launch Thunderbird and go to Options>>Account Settings.
- From the Account Settings box, go to Account Action>>Add Mail Account.
- From the Mail Account Setup dialogue box, type in Name, Gmail Email Address, Password and click OK.
- Next, verify the setting and click Done.
Step 2: Configure Gmail IMAP account for old Thunderbird Emails to Outlook Migration
- First, sign in to Google Gmail account.
- Then, go to Settings gear icon>>Settings>>Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Under IMAP Access section, Enable IMAP.
- Next, click on Save button.
Step 3: Import old profile of Thunderbird to Outlook PST via Gmail IMAP
- First, open Thunderbird Application.
- Under the Gmail Id, right-click on the Inbox folder and select New Folder.
- From the New Folder box, give a name to the folder, say, Import.
- Then, select all emails from the old Thunderbird profile Inbox folder by holding down the Shift key.
- Next, drag them to the newly created folder in Gmail account.
- Now, all the emails from old Thunderbird profile will be moved to Gmail account.
- Repeat the steps for rest of the folders in Thunderbird.
Step 4: Setup Gmail IMAP Account in Outlook 2013
- First, launch the Outlook application.
- Then, go to File>>Info>>Add Account.
- From the Add Account dialogue box, type in name, email address and password.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- The configuration should start automatically. If not, try the manual setup.
- Under choose service, select IMAP or POP and click Next.
- Under POP and IMAP settings, enter the email address and password.
- Under Server Information, select IMAP as Account Type.
- Incoming mail server: imap.googlemail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.googlemail.com
- And click Next and Finish.
- All the emails from old Thunderbird profile will now be in Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Process
- Lengthy Process: It can be a very long and tiring process to import Thunderbird emails from old Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2013, 20010 & 2007.
- Time-Consuming: The manual process can take a lot of time for individual home users looking to access a few emails in Outlook profile.
- Confusing Steps: There are a lot of steps involved to export old Thunderbird messages to PST in Outlook.
- Technical Procedure: A certain technical expertise is required for performing the manual procedure.
Use an Automated Solution
The manual process can be implemented for a few email transfer from Thunderbird Profile to Outlook . Large mailbox can take hours and a lot of patience from the user. It is recommended that one goes for an automated solution to convert .mbox file into PST . It is very easy-to-use and can even be used by a non-technical user. It is highly recommended by all data recovery agents to make the task to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook much easier.
Important emails can be present on an old Profile of Mozilla Thunderbird that can be difficult to read at first. The old profile contains all email conversation with attachments on a Windows machine. It becomes difficult to read those emails in Outlook application. Users look for solutions online to import old Thunderbird profile to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & 2007. For their convenience, this post describes all the necessary steps needed to perform the migration. An automated tool is also discussed at the end.