As the end of 2017 draws near, it’s a great time to look ahead to 2018 and plan out your digital marketing budget. If you’re already investing into mobile marketing, 2018 may be the year that you want to allocate more money towards it. And if you’re not already investing in mobile marketing, 2018 is absolutely the year in which you should start. Here are thirty statistics about mobile marketing to help convince you.
- There are currently more than three-and-a-half billion mobile internet users in the world and that number is growing every day.
- Approximately 69% of all media time is spent on mobile devices.
- By the end of 2018, mobile will account for 80% of all web traffic.
- Half of all digital media time is spent within mobile applications.
- The Google Play Store has more than 8 million apps and the Apple App Store has more than 2 million apps. The Windows App Store has 669 thousand apps and Amazon has 600 thousand.
- It’s projected that by the end of the year, nearly 200 billion apps will have been downloaded in the year 2017 alone.
- In 2016, 25 billion apps were downloaded from the Apple App Store.
- In 2016, 90 billion apps were downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- The average person will use nine different aps daily and about 30 different apps in any given month.
- Mobile websites have more unique visitors than mobile apps but the average length of time spent on a mobile app is considerably higher than the average length of time spent on a mobile website.
- Nearly half (48%) of people say they begin shopping by using their smartphone to do a search with a search engine.
- In the 18 to 29 age bracket, 69% use a mobile device to research products before they buy them.
- Google drives 96% of all mobile search traffic. The next best is Yahoo which drives 2% of mobile search traffic and then Bing which drives 1%. Every other search engine combined is responsible for the last 1%.
- When it comes to mobile websites, visitors say the most important feature is a product/service list followed by business hours and a price list.
- An astonishing 78% of mobile searches for local business information results in a purchase.
- Worldwide, people spend more than a trillion dollars annually on offline, mobile-influenced shopping.
- Nine in ten smartphone users say they use their smartphone to research a product while in a brick and mortar location deciding whether or not to buy it.
- Of those who search for a local business on a mobile device, 88% will either call or visit that business within 24 hours.
- Mobile users have high intent to purchase: 92% who search for a product or type of product from their mobile device end up making a related purchase.
- More than half (57%) say they won’t recommend a brand to a friend if they have a website that isn’t optimized for mobile.
- Google is responsible for 95% of all paid search ads in the US.
- Mobile devices account for 61.9% of Google’s paid search links in 2017 (up from just 53% a year ago).
- In 2018, mobile search spending will surpass 25 billion dollars.
- Facebook is reporting that 87% of all of their ad revenue originates from mobile devices.
- By 2019, 72% of all digital ad spending will be spent on mobile.
- Approximately 68% of companies say they’ve integrated mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy.
- Approximately 71% of marketers say that mobile marketing is a part of their business’s core.
- 83% of mobile users say that it’s important that they have a seamless experience across all devices.
- 83% of B2B marketers say that mobile apps are crucial for their content marketing efforts.
- The open rate for SMS is holding steady at 98% and is showing no sign of dropping off anytime soon. SMS needs to be a core component of any mobile strategy.
Mobile Technology News brought to you by biztexter.com