There are so many users in this technical world those are using Microsoft Outlook for their business purpose for accessing the email data. It can store various data file items including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. in the form of PST file format or Personal Storage Table file format. However, sometimes, the Outlook users feel that several PST files from different account should be merged. This is because it becomes rather difficult or complicated to handle many PST files at a time and the users unable to extract the file information. The basic purpose of all the users to join multiple PST files by keeping the data file items in the mailbox safe.
Most MS Outlook users need to create multiple archive PST files in the previous version of Outlook to avoid the risk of corrupted data and slow performance. But in the modern Outlook editions such as Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, & 2007 there is no issues related with the file size. Depends on the user requirements, various files are stored in different locations, but in case of user wants all these data files to be stored in one place in form of a single entity. It makes sure that when PST data files are merged into a new file, the original files should remain intact. Therefore, from the following section, we will discuss how to merge different PST files in Outlook.
Reasons & Scenarios to Join Multiple PST Files
While using Microsoft Outlook mailbox many users have informed certain issues, which have necessitate them to consolidate PST files so that they can easily view the files independently. Some of the reasons to combine multiple Outlook PST files are mentioned below:
- Difficult to manage multiple files.
- Opening of each files separately takes large time
- Sharing of PST files one by one is a difficult task.
Benefits of Join Multiple PST Files
1. Flexible: The users are free to view particular data file at any time without any restriction after deleting the duplicate files and then consolidate Outlook PST files into one single file.
2. Fast: Users can easily and quickly access the contacts, calendars, emails, tasks, etc
3. Free Space: Users have free space for storing the necessary files and reduce the file size.
4. Save Time: It can save the time by combining multiple Outlook PST files into one and then making it easy for the users to access the data file items quickly within a single file.
Manual Tricks to Join Multiple PST Files
Combining is necessary to consolidate files into single PST items and it will becomes easier for users to access the files rapidly without any information loss. There are two types solutions available to combine multiple PST files into one that are manual and automated.
The user can merge data from multiple Outlook PST files by opening an existing file or by creating new file. To do the same action, follow the given procedures:
Step A: Opening Outlook PST Data File
1. Start MS Outlook on your system.
2. Select the File option from the menu bar.
3. Click the option Open & Export then click Open Outlook Data Files.
4. You can view one dialog box for asking to select the PST file.
5. Select the existing file in which you want to merge and then click on OK.
Step B: Create new Outlook Data File PST
1. Open Microsoft Outlook email application and then click on New Items.
2. Click the option More Items and select the option Outlook Data File..
3. Provide one name to the PST file and click OK.
Joining PST Data File Items
- 1. Select the File option and then click Open after that Import of each PST files.
2. Select the data files from the displaying folder and click Next tab.
3. Select the option Outlook Data File (.pst).
4. Browse the destination path and select the file that you want to import and then click Next.
5. After providing the storage space, select the folders and click on Include sub folders and finally click on Finish.
6. Repeat the steps to join multiple PST files mentioned below until users required data is merged.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- - The manual solution may be a difficult or complicated process when large PST files are to be merged.
- In case of opening a PST file, only one file can be added at a time.
- It takes large time in case of multiple PST files
Advanced Procedure to Join PST Multiple PST Files
From the above section, you already came to know the complications you may face in manual solution. So to get rid of those issues and to gain the ease for combining numerous files into a single consolidated PST file, the user requires choosing any automated solutions like SysTools PST Merge that could combine multiple Outlook PST files without any human efforts.
After discussing the issues, benefits, and solutions to join multiple PST files, we can summarize that the PST Merge is a reliable tool which allows consolidating all Outlook items available in the PST data file. The users will be able to combine multiple Outlook PST files into one at a time without any information loss.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community