on 23 October 18
Local SEO is one of the best techniques to reach out your audience at the exact time customers are looking for a local solution. For example, if you are looking for a beauty salon in your city, go to Google and type beauty salon near me. You will get all the local beauty salons information in Google Places and organic results. As a Brick and Mortar business, if you have optimized your website for such targeted queries or listed your business in Google places, you can receive lots of traffic to your offline store.
Here are the few stats why optimizing your business or website for local results is very important:
- 82% of local searchers follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase (TMP/comScore)
- 74% of internet users perform local searches (Kelsey Group)
- 61% of local searches result in a purchase (Search Engine Watch)
- 59% of consumers use Google every month to find a reputable, local business (Search Engine Watch)
- 37% of all searches are done on mobile (ClickZ)
If you are a local business, then here are Tips to Make Your Business Standout in Local Searches.
On-Page SEO Tips for Local SEO Optimization
- Google searches on mobile has surpassed over the desktop. According to Google, 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day. So if your website is not optimized for mobile, you are going to lose the chunk of search traffic, especially if you are a local business.
- Research keywords for the specific location with help of tools like keyword planner and Google trends. Research keywords which have good search volume and less competition. If your business niche is very specific, you won’t get many keywords with high search volume.
- Optimize your website Meta tags by adding location names in the title and description tag.
- Optimize your website heading and alt tags with the targeted location.
- If you are targeting multiple locations (more than 2-3), it’s always better to create separate landing pages for each location on the website. It will help you to target the specific location in a better way.
- Use the different type of structure data or microformatting to show your business information in search results.
Off-Page SEO Tips for Local SEO Optimization
- Make a verified profile on Google Plus and register your business in Google My Business. Make sure to keep your business name, physical address, and other key information same as you have mentioned on the website. Put images, videos, and reviews to make your listing standout in search results
- Citations are a major ranking factor in Google local results. A citation is your business name address, and phone number listed on a third party website like Yelp.com or Yahoo.com. Put your business information on as much quality citation sites.
- Research local business sites of your targeted location and submit your business information there.
- Join relevant groups and communities based on the target location to reach out your audience
- Make your business presence on all the relevant social media platforms to make your brand awareness.
As a brick and mortar store or a local business, you can’t ignore the importance of optimizing your business online. By targeting your local store online, you are not only getting qualified leads but also its help you to combat your competition and make better relations with your customers.