on 18 July 18
SSDs are Solid State Drives which are popular data storage devices which do not have moving parts, unlike the traditional HDDs or Hard Disk Drives. The SSDs are known for their resilience to constant wear and tear and their durability. Moreover, they run silently which is a huge advantage for any hosting solution. In VPS hosting, there is a physical server which is compartmentalized to produce multiple virtual servers. These servers are independent of one another and they have their own operating systems. Each of these servers functions like a dedicated server although they share server space with others. When you sign up for SSD VPS server hosting, you can get an advanced version of the regular VPS hosting. So, a key point of difference between the standard VPS hosting and SSD VPS server hosting lies in the storage space the servers use. In SSD VPS hosting, the SSDs are the main form of storage device and these work far better than the HDDs which were used in VPS hosting so far.
Why is the SSD VPS server popular?
- Among the many advantages that SSDs provide in comparison to HDDs, the most significant one is that of speed. The SSD VPS server guarantees much faster response times compared to HDDs because there is no mechanical moving component in the SSD. So, a time taken to transfer data is much faster and this means fewer latency issues.
- SSDs offer faster reading and writing speed for data making sure that data transfer is very quick. So, with an SSD VPS server, you can be certain of enjoying higher bandwidth and better data transfer speeds.
- Since the SSDs are by nature robust and have an anti-vibration structure, they will also be less susceptible to hardware crashes or mechanical failures. Mechanical failures are common in HDDs because of their moving parts. So, increased reliability is another important advantage which you can enjoy with an SSD VPS server.
How is the SSD VPS server better than the HDD server?
The SSD uses circuit assemblies to store data while the Hard Disk Drives will store data on movable heads, spinning drives and magnetic disks. This is why the SSD turns out to be far more efficient; they can access the data stored electronically and there are no moving components involved for reading or writing data. There are fewer chances of failures and crashes and because both HDD and SSD have a similar interface, an upgrade from the HDD server hosting to SSD server hosting is easy to achieve.
Tips to choose SSD VPS server:
- When you are looking for an SSD VPS server, you should try to find a provider which is reliable and trustworthy. It should be able to offer you hosting plans which are feature-rich and also affordably-priced.
- Your provider should also be able to guarantee you round-the-clock supports and must be highly responsive to your needs.
- The plan should also offer you a user-friendly control panel along with a handy website builder.
- You should ideally check reviews online to be sure the host can assure you a great performance and high reliability. So, a provider which enjoys high customer ratings and has a solid industry reputation can be trusted.
Using these tips you should be able to find a reliable SSD VPS hosting provider for your business. Once you have signed up for this type of hosting, you will see that the access time needed for accessing databases, applications, and websites increases dramatically. For users, it is not desirable to wait at one site when the site takes too long to provide him with the information he needs. He will invariably navigate to another site where he can get the information faster. This is what you can ensure when you choose an SSD VPS server. Your customers will no longer be kept waiting for information.
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!