SEO or Search Engine Optimization has a various technique. However, all of them might not work for everyone as every business is different. So, eventually, you need different strategies for different businesses. If you are up for a Local Business, the strategy which will work for you is Local SEO strategy.
There is a very simple answer that why to use this strategy. There are two reasons to doing it-
1st is -You can easily rank in the map rather than in organic search result
2nd is - Your target is also your local customers and not all over the country.
Local SEO has its own importance in Digital Marketing , if you have ever used SEO tactics, you must know that.
Local SEO is one of the most steadfast SEO strategies. Let's see how to do it in brief.
What is local SEO?
The SEO or Search Engine Optimization that is done for rank in local maps same as ranking in organic results is known as Local SEO. These local map results appear only when a person is searching for a local product in local terms such as 'Best Digital Marketing Institute in Jaipur'. i.e the searches which include the name of the place is called local search.
Rank Your Local Business through Local SEO
Local SEO is done after listing your business in the 'Google my business'. So, here's what you need to do to rank your business using Local SEO.
Firstly, you need to list your business in Google MyBusiness-
- Add a long, unique description that’s formatted correctly and includes links.
- Choose the correct categories for your business.
- Upload as many photos as possible.
- Add a local phone number.
- Must add your address of business and it must be similar to your phone directories.
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and cover photo.
- If you have a certain opening or closing time, add that also.
- Get real reviews from customers.
Now it’s the turn for Local SEO
Once you are done with Listing on Google My Business, you need to go for Local SEO i.e. boosting your business in your local area. Here are some tips which you can apply-
1. Insert keywords related to your business in the map listing name.
2. Set up citations and links. For this, you can write articles on the guest platforms and give backlinks to the map URL.
3. Choose the proper anchor text for backlinks as it will be the search term for which it will rank.
4. Request for reviews as Google knows through it that your Business is legitimate.
5. Track your results by tracking the leads, traffic, and ranking and work the same as starting.
So, these were some brief knowledge about Local SEO and Google listing from which you can rank your business in your local area easily and get leads as well.