MyPage is a personalized page based on your interests.The page is customized to help you to find content that matters you the most.


I'm not curious

SAP Hana Cloud – An Overview

Published on 28 December 18
519
0
0

The SAP cloud platform refers to a PaaS offering which can deliver in-memory functions, core platform solutions and unique micro services to build and expand smart, mobile-enabled cloud apps. This platform has been specifically designed for helping enterprises develop the applications they need faster and more economically. Since it is an open platform, SAP cloud offers users total flexibility or control over their choice of apps, clouds and frameworks. The SAP Hana cloud refers to a completely-scalable, secure service which can speed up your growth as you become cloud-ready and evolve into a smart enterprise. It will offer you a comprehensive menu of technical and functional services in a privately managed environment.

How does the SAP Hana cloud platform work?

The SAP Hana cloud refers to a relational database management mechanism that has a special feature of an in-memory storage and column-oriented management. The whole purpose of this service is to store and restore data as and when requested by applications. The SAP Hana can also carry out predictive analytical tasks like text analysis, graph data and spatial data analysis, predictive data analysis etc.

SAP Hana Cloud – An Overview - Image 1

The main feature which differentiates the SAP Hana cloud from the earlier versions of SAP is the in-memory feature that can integrate the OLAP or online analytical programming system and OLTP or online transaction processing system into one system. Since data is stored in the main memory and not on disks it guarantees faster queries and faster data processing. When you analyze data patterns you can see that almost 85% of the information stored in any enterprise system are not used or very rarely accessed. This means it is better to store the remaining 15% in-memory and the less-frequently used data on disks.

  • Since the SAP Hana follows a column-oriented format and not row-oriented system, data storage is in one column at one location instead of all of the data getting stored in one row. This method is advantageous for OLTP where this vertical compression is used for storing large volumes of data like in Wal-Mart. So, SAP Hana cloud services are likely to be more in tune with changing trends and their objective is to make day-to-day data insertion easier.
  • Because of the speed of SAP Hana solutions you can get huge benefits. For example, the finance department can get many jobs done without having to wait for a task to get finished. You can experience top-notch performance because it handles complicated and time-consuming activities like execution and reporting, live data analytics and reporting etc.
  • The user interface driven by SAP Fiori is backed by the SAP Hana and this is very user-friendly. You can get business insights in real time which gives your business a huge advantage over others. It is possible to conduct many transactions through one app and the transactions can also be done with fewer clicks to get enhanced user experience.
  • When you use the SAP Hana cloud operational costs can be significantly lowered. So, there are no data delays and it improves reliability. Using the business tools from SAP Hana, organizations may report directly from ERP databases. SAP Hana platform will also enable users to come to decisions faster because there is improved visibility through the SAP Hana Live help. The users may make as many queries they want to get data as they need; this is limited when you are a non-Hana user.
  • If you consider the SAP Hana cloud advantages, you cannot ignore simplification. It can reduce issues with settlement and encourages a single source of truth. This can promote reliability of data across functions. SAP Hana also introduces simplicity for administration and management of the whole IT landscape.
  • Finally, choosing SAP Hana cloud is a cost-effective decision because you can unite the transactional and analytical functions of different systems into one truth. This freedom to access data from different system areas or work cross-functionality can improve real-time insights.

In this way, SAP Hana is one landmark product which has been driving cloud adoption. The cloud hosting is offering a platform for many vendors to offer useful products like these which can extend the power of Hana.

The SAP cloud platform refers to a PaaS offering which can deliver in-memory functions, core platform solutions and unique micro services to build and expand smart, mobile-enabled cloud apps. This platform has been specifically designed for helping enterprises develop the applications they need faster and more economically. Since it is an open platform, SAP cloud offers users total flexibility or control over their choice of apps, clouds and frameworks. The SAP Hana cloud refers to a completely-scalable, secure service which can speed up your growth as you become cloud-ready and evolve into a smart enterprise. It will offer you a comprehensive menu of technical and functional services in a privately managed environment.

How does the SAP Hana cloud platform work?

The SAP Hana cloud refers to a relational database management mechanism that has a special feature of an in-memory storage and column-oriented management. The whole purpose of this service is to store and restore data as and when requested by applications. The SAP Hana can also carry out predictive analytical tasks like text analysis, graph data and spatial data analysis, predictive data analysis etc.

SAP Hana Cloud – An Overview - Image 1

The main feature which differentiates the SAP Hana cloud from the earlier versions of SAP is the in-memory feature that can integrate the OLAP or online analytical programming system and OLTP or online transaction processing system into one system. Since data is stored in the main memory and not on disks it guarantees faster queries and faster data processing. When you analyze data patterns you can see that almost 85% of the information stored in any enterprise system are not used or very rarely accessed. This means it is better to store the remaining 15% in-memory and the less-frequently used data on disks.

  • Since the SAP Hana follows a column-oriented format and not row-oriented system, data storage is in one column at one location instead of all of the data getting stored in one row. This method is advantageous for OLTP where this vertical compression is used for storing large volumes of data like in Wal-Mart. So, SAP Hana cloud services are likely to be more in tune with changing trends and their objective is to make day-to-day data insertion easier.
  • Because of the speed of SAP Hana solutions you can get huge benefits. For example, the finance department can get many jobs done without having to wait for a task to get finished. You can experience top-notch performance because it handles complicated and time-consuming activities like execution and reporting, live data analytics and reporting etc.
  • The user interface driven by SAP Fiori is backed by the SAP Hana and this is very user-friendly. You can get business insights in real time which gives your business a huge advantage over others. It is possible to conduct many transactions through one app and the transactions can also be done with fewer clicks to get enhanced user experience.
  • When you use the SAP Hana cloud operational costs can be significantly lowered. So, there are no data delays and it improves reliability. Using the business tools from SAP Hana, organizations may report directly from ERP databases. SAP Hana platform will also enable users to come to decisions faster because there is improved visibility through the SAP Hana Live help. The users may make as many queries they want to get data as they need; this is limited when you are a non-Hana user.
  • If you consider the SAP Hana cloud advantages, you cannot ignore simplification. It can reduce issues with settlement and encourages a single source of truth. This can promote reliability of data across functions. SAP Hana also introduces simplicity for administration and management of the whole IT landscape.
  • Finally, choosing SAP Hana cloud is a cost-effective decision because you can unite the transactional and analytical functions of different systems into one truth. This freedom to access data from different system areas or work cross-functionality can improve real-time insights.
In this way, SAP Hana is one landmark product which has been driving cloud adoption. The cloud hosting is offering a platform for many vendors to offer useful products like these which can extend the power of Hana.

This blog is listed under Cloud Computing Community

Related Posts:
Post a Comment

Please notify me the replies via email.

Important:
  • We hope the conversations that take place on MyTechLogy.com will be constructive and thought-provoking.
  • To ensure the quality of the discussion, our moderators may review/edit the comments for clarity and relevance.
  • Comments that are promotional, mean-spirited, or off-topic may be deleted per the moderators' judgment.
You may also be interested in
 
Awards & Accolades for MyTechLogy
Winner of
REDHERRING
Top 100 Asia
Finalist at SiTF Awards 2014 under the category Best Social & Community Product
Finalist at HR Vendor of the Year 2015 Awards under the category Best Learning Management System
Finalist at HR Vendor of the Year 2015 Awards under the category Best Talent Management Software
Hidden Image Url