These days, anyone can start a flourishing online business. All you need is a good theme and a fabulous product range. However, it is important that you design your e-commerce site according to the expectations that most people have when they visit an online store. In the old days, it was customary to wait multiple minutes for a page to load, or to go through multiple different pages just to complete the payment process, but these days, all of that has changed. If you already have an online store, there may be a number of ways that you can make your page more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive, which is really the magic combination of a successful online store. Here are five easy ways to improve your Wordpress e-commerce website.
1. Incorporate a hierarchy. When it comes down to it, you will usually have a homepage, or a landing page. In order to make your e-commerce site as intuitive as possible and to increase sales conversions, you want to incorporate your best selling products on the home page. Using large photos is preferable. After that, you can lead people into your website, but as soon as people click on a photo, it should go straight to that product or category.
2. Make your shopping cart extremely visible. Having a shopping cart on your page is what will discern your website from any other informational website. Having a shopping cart will make people know that they are on an e-commerce website. So, you want to make your shopping cart very easy to access and click on. You may even want to embed a feature that lets people know that they have items in their shopping cart. For instance, when a customer clicks "add to shopping cart," there should be some kind of visual clue. This will let people know that they need to complete the payment process.
3. Make your e-commerce site easy to navigate. Intuitive navigation is critical when you have an e-commerce website. For instance, a customer - without much forethought - should be able to get from the product page to the last payment gateway page with absolutely no problems or head scratching. At the end of the day, if you make your e-commerce site too complicated, you may cause people to "bounce" off your website.
4. Install an SEO plug-in. The great thing about Wordpress is that you can install plug-ins. Some of these plug-ins can be really useful and can enhance how your website performs. For instance, there are many powerful SEO programs that can help you go through the search engine optimization process, so that you can increase your e-commerce site's presence on the web.
5. Use a more attractive theme. If your Wordpress e-commerce site is looking dull, you may want to upgrade. There are a plethora of Wordpress ecommerce themes that are not only aesthetically pleasing, but they are also built to be intuitive and to serve the expectations of the customer. When you are trying to improve your online store, meeting your customers more than half way is critical.