on 11 June 18
Microsoft Office Excel is probably the most popular universal tool that is used. Number crunching, calculating formulas, sorting and filtering data, building charts and graphs, and providing on-demand graphical reports is made easy with the Microsoft Office Excel. Those who have just landed themselves a job or those who are going to take up bigger responsibilities can benefit greatly from a sound MS Excel knowledge.
MS Excel is a considerably vast platform, with myriads to features, formulas and tools to us. The best way to benefit from it is through the Microsoft Office Certification. This examination can be cracked through Microsoft Excel trainings that are available both online and through authorized preparation centers. Undertaking this certification offers advantages such as:
- You get an industry-wide recognized certification
- Mastering computing skills that companies look for
- Boosts your resume
- Helps you stand out in the crowd
- Aid in gaining valuable experience and boosts confidence levels
- Enhances your earning potential
- Being looked at as an expert, chances of growth, in an organization increases
Microsoft Excel trainings train you for the various proficiency levels, namely the MS Excel Beginners and MS Excel Intermediate and Advanced Excel training. The Beginner level concepts encompass:
- New workbook creation
- Inputting and editing numerical and text data into the cells
- Insertion and deletion of data columns and rows
- Introduction to and use of fundamental mathematical formulas to enable performing calculations with different numerical values
- Creation of graphs and charts to illustrate business trends
While the Beginnerâs Level trainings train you to master elementary concepts, the Intermediate or Advanced Level trainings include:
- Introduction to and use of PivotTables to "slice and dice" data, aiding effective analysis and summarization of data.
- Exporting data from Excel to Microsoft SharePoint sites to enable its availability and use across organizations.
- Use of Excel Services to edit data andl allow for other to edit the same too.
While the use of MS Excel is all pervasive making it beneficial for everyone to learn, the professions that need the Microsoft Office Certification as a mandate include:
- Data Analyst or Business Intelligence, which demands professionals to master summarization and analyzing techniques for organizational data.
- Financial Analyst, which requires creating performance trends analysis and illustrations with respect to financial market performances.
- Marketing Analyst, where the professional needs to analyze past, present and future accomplishment rates for various mlarketing (online and offline) campaigns.
Qualifying the Microsoft Office Certification lands professionals the tag of a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), which is given a high credit and preference globally, especially across all the big brands. In fact, most organizations have expressed their preference in hiring a certified individual as opposed to a non certified one; undeniably because it saves them a lot of time in judging the potential of the candidate.
Are you considering taking up the MS Office Excel Certification? How are you preparing for it? What challenges are you facing? Share your thoughts and experiences with us.