on 30 October 18
Apps are big business and app sales are a $25 billion industry according to WSJ. With a billion active smartphones and people purchasing apps, App store optimization is a very important for developers and organizations to get noticed in the overcrowded app market.
10. Names of in-app purchase items all matter during search engine ranking, but for complete phrases. So keep an eye on what name you use for your items and how often they are searched for.
9. As a developer you can earn reputation for a particular keyword. If you have developed some good apps on education earlier and your new app is a simple productivity app, you new app will still gain reputation under education category.
8. Advertising helps search engine ranking for your app as it boost the download velocity. Smart developers release an update with new keywords followed by advertising to enjoy a multiplier effect on search engine ranking.
7. The download velocity counts for search engine rankings and vice versa. the best way to calculate is download count divided by app age. The higher the value, the better the search ranking of your app
6. Be cautious while stuffing keywords, keywords like Facebook, Twitter, instagram can get your app rejected for keyword stuffing.
5. Tweets and Social Shares doesn't sum of to search ranking. They will help you earn visibility but not search ranking.
4. The quality of your app does matter a lot, lower star ratings hurt your search rankings.
3. App descriptions count, an app can come up in search results for a keyword mentioned in its description. Please make sure that you don't stuff your description with keywords (refer to point 6)
2. You can use keywords or phrases, like using "war, games" indexes you for both. Similarly, "war games" indexes you for the phrase.
1. Descriptive app names rank higher across more keywords. As per Search Man, 75% of the user searches are for app function and not for app brand name.