The new trend of reading books is moving towards eBook whereas PDF is also a compatible mode of reading. eBook is a complete book on your smart device and PDF is Portable Document Format that you can carry anywhere when you want to read. Both the platforms are used for reading documents, books and anything you want to read. Both the platforms offer you a smart way of studying then why people have to make a choice between an eBook and a PDF?Well PDF is an older version and it was introduced in the year 1993 and since eBook is a new platform and offers you a number of interesting features that PDF does not. PDF is good to read but if you want to enjoy more advancement in the technology it is must to go for eBooks. Here in this article we will discuss about the benefits and disadvantages of eBook as well as of PDF. After going through the porn and cons of both the formats you can make your decision of what format you should go for.
We will discuss about eBook first.
Good things about eBook:
- They are portable. You can carry eBooks with you anywhere you want. They are easy to carry, easy to handle and no chances of getting torn.
- By using eBooks you are contributing towards green world. Traditional paper making includes cutting of trees and this ultimately leads to deforestation and harm to the environment.
- It is a onetime investment. You do not have to purchase books again and again. There are various websites that allow you to download books for free. So you just have to pay for your device but not for the books you want to read.
- Using eBooks, it becomes very easy to share your books with your friends within minutes. By using your social networking profiles or by using your chat options, email options you can send important notes easily to your friends and relatives.
- Not only readers but authors are also getting inclined towards eBooks and they too want to publish their books into this eBook format to reach more and more readers.
- You can flip the pages using eBook and can enjoy reading
Some bad points about eBook
- Whenever you want to read something on this format, you need a reading device.
- The other issue is that eBooks make cross reference a bit difficult. When you have to check through a number of books, it is easy to search through several hard cover books but when we read several books in a device we have to close the present page to reach to the other one.
- You need an internet connection to download the book.
Talking about the PDF format:
Good Things about PDF
- You can format each page as many times as you want including the fonts of your page.
- PDF allows you to lock down the page to prevent any kind of editing.
- It will give you a complete look and feel of a document.
Bad Things about PDF
- It is difficult to access on smart phones especially when you are dealing with small screens.
- People do not use it much because of the danger of any malware
- The size of the files are usually larger