There are a lot of myths out there about domain name registration. Was your domain name registration based on one or more of these misconceptions? Are you facing serious hosting problems? Is your domain name configured in an improper way?
Suncoast Web Solutions brings you proper domain registration name services that can reduce your stress, and help you develop your website with proper hosting.
This popular sunshine coast web hosting service provider has a proven record for Australian domain registration that ignores all the fallacies doing the rounds in the virtual world regarding domain names.
Letâs bust some myths and develop a clear understanding regarding domain names that will make your work easier.
- One of the most popular domain myths is that registering a domain name means you own it. Domain name registration means that the name is actually borrowed or rented for a limited period of time. These domain names are managed by the organisation called Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- There is a common misconception that you need to be a resident of the U.S.A or a company based in the U.S to register a domain name. This is untrue. Even most top level domain names can be registered by anybody - however, people from some countries under the specific ccTLD face certain additional rules when trying to register domain.
- Purchasing and reselling domain names does help you make money.An entire industry makes a living from this practice. However, the common misconception in this regard is that a single domain name will make you rich. You need to own multiple domain names for this purpose. Though a number of domain names have been exchanged for sums of more than $1 million, about 90% of names that are offered for sale never finds a buyer. The reality is that a domain name wonât sell unless it is an exceptional one.
- Most people believe the myth that they need a website to register a domain name. In fact, domain names can be registered for a planned website. Many domain registrars make money by âparkingâ their domain names with a parking service, that gives them a percentage of the ad revenue generated by traffic visiting their many domains.
- A website does not âexistâ just because it has registered domain name - the site needs to be hosted. A website requires a web hosting company. Most Australian domain registrars offer web hosting as an extra service when you register your domain, however, it is not mandatory to use their service. You can use the domain name with any web hosting company you like.
This blog is listed under Networks & IT Infrastructure Community