Lotus Notes now referred as IBM Notes came up as an evolution in market with its multi-featured facilities. It is no doubt most secured platform with a very rigid technical algorithms applied to each of the functions and feature. But to be honest all the features of Lotus Notes is not a requirement for everyone. Many users need a simple emailing medium and not the other facilities like Web Server, Programming, Chat Room, Blogs, Micro-blogging, etc. This leads to a situation where users tend to move to simpler yet efficient application like MS Outlook. But, users are grasped with a query that How to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook?
Why Is There a Need to Export Notes to Outlook?
Not every user demands for such export procedure. Users who want to access their old email data belonging to Lotus Notes account in new email platform needs this conversion. At a professional front some of the data elements most importantly contacts and emails are needed even if the email platform is switched. This not only saves the business connections made, but also offers smooth business continuity. Thus it is very much essential to export the old data of Export Notes application to MS Outlook application. Unfortunately manual procedures are unavailable and those which are available to work on contacts only.
Procedure to Export Notes Data to Microsoft Outlook
To avail this procedure, you will have to perform whole transaction in two stages. One will export data to CSV file and second stage will include process to import this CSV file in Outlook application.
Note: This process will migrate only contacts and no other data element.
First Stage: Export to CSV
- Open Lotus Notes application in your system.
- Now open database file i.e. NSF
- Go to the File option available in Menu bar
- Select Export option from the menu available.
- Provide a location for new file in the Export wizard.
- Click on Save as type and click on Comma separated value from the options.
- Give a name to this new file and hit Export.
Second Stage: Import CSV in Outlook
- Open MS Outlook application.
- Go to File menu and click Import/Export option.
- Click on Import in the Import/Export wizard.
- Choose the Import from another program or file option.
- Now, click on Next.
- Here choose CSV Comma Separated Values (Windows).
- Click Next and add the file created in stage 1.
- Provide the destination to save the imported data.
- Once the procedure is finished, click on Finish.
Alternative Medium to Export Complete Data
This procedure is fool-proof but is restricted to contacts only. If you want to migrate complete data from Lotus Notes application to MS Outlook application, you can also try third party software available online. Export Notes is a recommended tool for such migration and if you want to know how to export Lotus Notes to Outlook with complete data then this software is suitable to your need.