Are you unable to access a particular document in Microsoft Word 2003? Are you getting an error message that saysWord cannot open the document whenever you double click on a particular document? There are various reasons due to which a particular file gets corrupted. Some of the common reasons are- migration from the word format to another format, interruption caused while transferring file and Macro virus. Below have been discussed the process to recover the corrupted file and make it accessible in Microsoft Word 2003.
- Use Repair utility tool of Microsoft Word 2003
This is one of the common ways to recover the file that has got corrupted due to the above reasons. You must follow the below steps to access the unique inbuilt recovery tool -
- You must firstly go to the MS word tool for recovering corrupted file.
- Then you should click on the Open tab to search and open the file that is inaccessible. Make sure to select the repair option on the particulartab.
- On clicking the repair option, the damaged Word 2003 file will get recovered. If this process fails to recover the specific Word 2003 file, then it will be wise for you take the help of Word file repair software.
- Firstly you have to download the file recovery software on your computer. Make sure to opt for reliable software after checking the reviews posted on various third party websites.
- After installing the software, select the file that has got corrupted.
- The software automatically starts scanning the file and thereby fixes it.
- Then you must save the repaired file in the specific location of your computer.