on 11 September 18
Mobile and fast internet has raised the expectations of users and now they wish to have a seamless experience for browsing internet or using mobile apps. Today most developers prefer to use CMS for fast website development & deployment, and Wordpress is the popular CMS being used by many developers. With Wordpress, you can create highly attractive and fully functional website within very less time. However, there are some issues for loading a Wordpress website within less time. Even if the website is attractive and useful, most of the visitors will abandon your website if it takes more than few seconds to load in their browser. In this article, let us look at few essential and worthy tips that can speed up loading of your website and thus not losing any visitors over time issue.
- Check the server speed - The first factor that impacts your website speed is the hosting service provider. You might get attracted to hosts that provide services at low costs but rather than checking for their rates, you must check their server speeds and then choose the best one. You should also check for the plan under which you register your website hosting.
- Plugins Performance - While using Wordpress, it is obvious that you download and use some plugins from the repository. Few plugins might add to the loading time of your website. It is proven fact that with increase in number of plugins used on website, the site loading time also increases. You can check your website performance after installing plugins with the help of P3 plugin. This will help you to analyze which piece of code is creating trouble while loading the website.
- Use Web Optimized Images Only - for making your website more interactive, you must add precise content - both text and images. Visual content or images increase the page readability but images can take more time to load and thus your website performance gets hampered. To avoid this problem use compressed images to your pages.
- Use CDN - Content Delivery Network is the good option as it will host your website pages on several servers across the internet. When a user from particular location requests your website, a nearby server having copy of your website will be used to serve the request. This reduces the stress on main server and also reduces the loading time of your website. However, using CDN servers might be a bit tricky for the first time, but when your setup process is done, results are fascinating.
- Using Cache - You can install the very useful Cache plugin to store copy of files those are not updated frequently. This reduces the interpretation time for PHP code and direct HTML version of the page is presented to the user. Another important tip to keep the trash system clean by permanently deleting the data.