on 02 July 21
While browsing through an online store based on popular shopping cart frameworks you might have observed that store has too many things under the same roof. However as a store owner you must understand one thing that you canât sell everything to everyone who visits your store. For this you can take benefit from the Magento customer segmentation facility if your stores run on Magento e-commerce frameworks.
What does it mean by customer segmentation?
It simply means that you tell about right things to right people. Correct way to achieve success in business is to present things to your customers what they are looking for and tells them about it what they exactly want to hear. This creates positive impact on your customer and he will move ahead on the shopping process. Businesses which take their customers for granted and show them what they want do not often see success. Achieving the above mentioned trick is not very hard for Magento users. You can divide your customers in few groups by analyzing their personal information, shopping habits etc. after this is done, you can easily manage these groups with customers sharing similar interests and lifestyles. Design your marketing strategies for these groups and achieve good profits in your business.
What all is required?
There is an old rule which states Those who have information rule the world and it is true for online business marketing too. When you have all the information available for your customers, then you must use it wisely to create segment s or groups of your customers and target each group separately. There are many factors that can be used for the basis of customer segmentation. For example, you can create several general groups
- Demography - this will have all the basic information such as name, gender, age, occupation, contact details etc.
- Psychographic - here you can have all the lifestyle related information such as interests, cultural background, social status, values etc.
- Behavioral - This deals with online shopping habits, frequencies, items purchased and its frequency, other online activities, sharing on social networking websites etc.
With practice and experience you can get better judgment about customerâs expectations ad you can give them customized support. Another popular technique is to divide your customers in following five groups-
- Brand lovers - These people are crazy about branded items and do not hesitate to buy even expensive ones for the brand sake. These customers generally come from high income group. They can refer their friends to your website if they are satisfied with your services.
- Convenience preferring people - for these customers, online shopping means saving lot of time and efforts. They always choose for the delivery option. Working women generally fall in this category. They can be most loyal and praising customers for your business.
- People Hunting for Bargains - They always look out for discounts and other offers on your website. They prefer to buy during the heavy discount sale periods and are not regular buyers for you store as they keep on hopping from one store to other to find best deals. You canât rely much on this group.
Try to find out what is the category of the customer coming to your store and identify his needs at earliest. Marketing strategies can be devised to attract high-spending class or frequent low-spenders. Generally online businesses try to keep balance for all type of customers as you never know what is will happen on the very next day. For designing your marketing campaigns and strategies Magento customer segmentation can be of great help.
Magento allows installing an extension for designing your client registration forms as per your requirements. You can add as many fields as you require in your form and they can act as a source of enormous information about your clients. However, if the form is lengthier people may turn off and leave the registration process in between. You should not ask more personal question that can offence userâs privacy.
With Magento e-Commerce system you can see various statistical reports for your stores such as -
- Abandoned shopping cart percent
- Number of Product page views
- Shipping options usage
- Coupon used and their impact
Such reports can prove to be very useful to give you feedback about your strategies and updates done to the store and you can benefit from them a lot.
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!