eCommerce has undoubtedly conquered the retail world. With eCommerce entrepreneurs budding at every nook and corner, developers have created few of the most outstanding platforms which improve the efficiency of the online stores. If you are an entrepreneur, you will definitely be making all the important calls. Knowing which eCommerce platform to use is one of them. You are obviously not going to call the tech guy every time you want to upload a set of new products or change a picture or maybe something as trivial as correcting a misspelled word. It has to be done by your in house team. This is where Magento comes into the picture.
Magento is as good as an employee, actually even better, since it will do exactly as you instruct it too. Out of all the features they provide, shopping cart is considered to be the best.
Retaining a customer is obviously the most important thing for an online store owner. Customers select items and keep adding them to the wish list. The next step is to proceed to the shopping cart. Statistics suggest Magento makes the task of checking out simple and easy to follow. This is the main reason Online shopkeepers have migrated to Magento.
Statistics suggest 35% of the migrations in search of better shopping carts have been to Magento. Following it are WooCommerce and PrestaShop.
Popular eCommerce Platforms
Magento is the undefeated champion of the eCommerce world. It understands the needs of the customers, customizes its features and presents it to e-commerce website owners. WooCommerce and PrestaShop are not far behind.
Magento is a one-stop-shop. It has a solution for every e-commerce issue. From marketing to site management, Magento serves it all.
WooCommerce is the second most preferred eCommerce platform. Its shopping cart experience provides the a pleasant user experience. It also has fully functional content management system.
PrestaShop is another platform widely used by e-merchants. It has features which are similar to its competitors.
Open Source Shopping Carts Vs. Hosted Shopping Carts
Open sourced eCommerce platforms maybe open to more risks, but its ability to customize features for the customers has made it THE MOST preferred shopping cart options amongst e-merchants. It is much more flexible than the hosted ones. Although Open sourced carts may give access to the core code of the site, they are still more likely to get business.
If you are tech savvy and donât mind spending a little extra time on the backend of your site, Open source shopping cart solution is the option for you. It requires a bit of your time and effort. It gives you space to play with the themes and customize the cart as you want. Open Source carts are more popular than the hosted carts.
Hosted shopping carts are for e-merchants who do not want to be worried about the technicalities of the cart and instead want to focus on business. Once you sign up with a hosting company, they take care of everything, from security of the customerâs bank details to organizing all the important information. Although it is a bit more expensive, it is a yearly cost that can be sorted out at the beginning of the year. One of the major drawbacks of this type of shopping cart is customization. It restricts creativity and gives limited customizing options.
According to statistical data, 85% of e-commerce merchants across the globe have migrated to Open Source shopping carts, which leaves a mere 15% using the Hosted ones
Why Magento Is The Best Option For Any E-Merchant
After going through each of the platforms carefully, Magento is clearly the most preferred one. A large number of e-commerce owners have migrated from other platforms to Magento. The shopping carts provided are Open Sourced. It is affordable and easy to use. Magento provides is e-merchants a number of options to create online Shopping carts of their choice. They can design and restructure it according to their customerâs needs.
Magento gives value for money. The customer service is excellent which makes it all the more easier for the entrepreneur. It provides a free version, which is perfect for start ups and small budget companies. In case you feel you need more features, you can quickly upgrade to the Enterprise version.
For more details on shopping carts by Magento, log on to www.magento.com.